Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Panjo, a new Classifieds section

Thanks

Default Re: Introducing Panjo, a new Classifieds section

Although I agree that people that sell using forums should help supporting the bills. I started using more FPgeeks because I did not agreed with the way premium accounts were imposed at FPN.

I believe that FPGeeks new selling and supporting the forum system is much more fair and I fully agree with it. Good work Dan!!
    Just a few improvments from Panjo to put paypal available for Non US accounts and It will be really good.

Looks like the Paypal payment only works for US paypal accounts. Mine is from EU ( Portugal) and I cannot make it work. I have contacted Panjo support and although nice they only told me to contact Paypal because the problem is my account. That is obviously not correct as I have ebay, Etsy and Amazon accounts and my Paypal works perfectly in all of them....

Also not working is the exemption fees for those who donated. It did not worked with me and I'm billed 2,5% the same. Not that I donīt agree with the fee ( I do, and don't mind paying it) but the system is not working properly.

On the positive side:
    1- Creating an add is very easy and fast
    2- The Panjo layout is rather simple and good looking.
    3- This is a fair way of supporting a place where we are welcomed and were we like to hang.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to piscov For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (November 22nd, 2014), manoeuver (November 22nd, 2014), Mesu (December 6th, 2014)

Thanks

Is there a delay for the new listing to show up in the For Sale forum here? I just created one and it is not in the forum yet. Also, is there a particular size for pictures? One of mine is cut off.

EDIT: Okay, I noticed now that when I look at my listing via the browse option, I see the FPG header and the classified tab. I had assumed that new listings would also be shown in the For Sale forum, but that doesn't seem to the be the case if you create them via the Panjo link. You can only view them via the browse tab in that case; is that right?
    Last edited by Zhivago; November 23rd, 2014 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piscov View Post
    Although I agree that people that sell using forums should help supporting the bills. I started using more FPgeeks because I did not agreed with the way premium accounts were imposed at FPN.

I believe that FPGeeks new selling and supporting the forum system is much more fair and I fully agree with it. Good work Dan!!
    Just a few improvments from Panjo to put paypal available for Non US accounts and It will be really good.

Looks like the Paypal payment only works for US paypal accounts. Mine is from EU ( Portugal) and I cannot make it work. I have contacted Panjo support and although nice they only told me to contact Paypal because the problem is my account. That is obviously not correct as I have ebay, Etsy and Amazon accounts and my Paypal works perfectly in all of them....

Also not working is the exemption fees for those who donated. It did not worked with me and I'm billed 2,5% the same. Not that I donīt agree with the fee ( I do, and don't mind paying it) but the system is not working properly.

On the positive side:
    3- This is a fair way of supporting a place where we are welcomed and were we like to hang.
    Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. I apologize for the exemption fee issue. I looked into the issue and it turns out the donation plugin we are using was not automatically adding people to the FPG Donor group so I have to add them manually. If you (or anyone else who has donated) still have to pay the 2.5% sales fee then please let me know right away.

Can you be more specific about the Paypal payment only working for US accounts problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zhivago View Post
    Is there a delay for the new listing to show up in the For Sale forum here? I just created one and it is not in the forum yet. Also, is there a particular size for pictures? One of mine is cut off.

EDIT: Okay, I noticed now that when I look at my listing via the browse option, I see the FPG header and the classified tab. I had assumed that new listings would also be shown in the For Sale forum, but that doesn't seem to the be the case if you create them via the Panjo link. You can only view them via the browse tab in that case; is that right?
    As of right now, it's best to upload square images of at least 600 x 600 pixels. I've talked to support and they're working on adding the ability to use images of any aspect ratio.

As far as I know, when you create a new listing, regardless of where it was created, it should automatically add the listing to the For Sale forum. I'll list a few items and see how it works for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,716 Posts

If Panjo links directly to the seller's Paypal account, how secure is it?
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    How secure is what? Panjo doesn't have access to your Paypal account, it just asks for the address to associate it with the listing so people can use the "Buy Now" button.
    Last edited by dannzeman; November 25th, 2014 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    As far as I know, when you create a new listing, regardless of where it was created, it should automatically add the listing to the For Sale forum. I'll list a few items and see how it works for me.
    Okay, thanks. If a listing being in the For Sale forum is different than what you see from the Browse the gallery option above, it definitely didn't happen for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piscov View Post

On the positive side:
    Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. I apologize for the exemption fee issue. I looked into the issue and it turns out the donation plugin we are using was not automatically adding people to the FPG Donor group so I have to add them manually. If you (or anyone else who has donated) still have to pay the 2.5% sales fee then please let me know right away.

Can you be more specific about the Paypal payment only working for US accounts problem?

I have inserted a new add and all remains the same. Still charges 2,5% fee. Suggestion, why not leave the option to pay or not for those who already donated to the forum? This way we could decide and probably most of us will choose to pay the fees at least in some pens per month.

As to paypal I was told by the panjo Support that it is probably because my paypal account is non US, maybe other Non US member can confirm. Nevertheless I still cannot make paypal linkage to work.
    Last edited by piscov; November 25th, 2014 at 01:23 AM.

Thanks

As far as I can tell the link from Panjo to Paypal has worked for me (UK based).

That is it appeared to work when setting up the classifieds thought the link hasn't been tested in actuality by a purchase.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlc View Post
    As far as I can tell the link from Panjo to Paypal has worked for me (UK based).

That is it appeared to work when setting up the classifieds thought the link hasn't been tested in actuality by a purchase.
    Thanks for the information! Unfortunatelly It does not work with my account. Did you had to do anything in your paypal account, like giving a special permission in your account definitions?

Thanks

Not as far as I can remember - if I remember correctly I had to connect to Paypal from Panjo but that was it (no special settings or anything like that).

I'm sorry but I found the process easy and hassle free and I do wish I could give you more help but there is nothing I can think of.

Thanks

How secure is what? Panjo doesn't have access to your Paypal account, it just asks for the address to associate it with the listing so people can use the "But Now" button.
    Thank you for clearing that up.

Thanks

There seems to be a bug or something that prevents cancelling an item in the Panjo gallery. I tried all the different options for cancelling and none worked.

Thanks

Hi Dan,

I added a listing on Panjo a few days ago (Ferrari da Varese Yesterday), but can't find it anywhere on the 'For Sale' section. Should I have started a new thread instead?
    I can't start another thread now--it just links me to the Panjo section. This brings me to another question I have: is there a way
    to search for a pen in the classifieds? I've always wanted to know, thanks!

Thanks

So, I posted 5 ads up in the for sale area, using the Panjo. I think it went fairly easy. I ended up using my Iphone to do the majority of the posts, because I could not upload pictures from my computer (shhh... work computer... I had a few minutes for a break) I think it was the firewall. Anyway, only issue I ran into was that each listing said "free shipping" when I entered the "calculated" option, and even provided weight and box size. I mean no biggie, but I included in the listing my standard shipping fees, and then went back and edited the "free shipping" out. We will see how this works. I do sell a majority of my listings to the FP Geek community, and that weighed heavily into my listing these here exclusively.

for feedback, yeah, it was easy, especially with the touch of my Iphone (new reason to mess with my new 6+)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Krantz For This Useful Post:

reprieve (November 27th, 2014)

Thanks

I really appreciate everyone's response. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed with Panjo's performance and will be contacting their support to see what can be done about some of these issues. If these issues can't be resolved quickly and easily I'll switch it back to the old system.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

Hawk (November 27th, 2014), Jon Szanto (November 26th, 2014), piscov (November 27th, 2014), reprieve (November 27th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Krantz View Post
    So, I posted 5 ads up in the for sale area, using the Panjo. I think it went fairly easy. I ended up using my Iphone to do the majority of the posts, because I could not upload pictures from my computer (shhh... work computer... I had a few minutes for a break) I think it was the firewall. Anyway, only issue I ran into was that each listing said "free shipping" when I entered the "calculated" option, and even provided weight and box size. I mean no biggie, but I included in the listing my standard shipping fees, and then went back and edited the "free shipping" out. We will see how this works. I do sell a majority of my listings to the FP Geek community, and that weighed heavily into my listing these here exclusively.

for feedback, yeah, it was easy, especially with the touch of my Iphone (new reason to mess with my new 6+)

And honestly, if you took Paypal, I'd be out a hunnert-fitty bucks by now.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 1,644 Posts

OK, I listed some pens today and it was fairly easy. Weird--one of the ones listed didn't show up in the regular Classified thread. How to fix? Also PM to Mr Dan about donor status.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Rick, your ads look great. thanks for puttn em up I hope they all sell. Nib shots would be sweet too, BTW

Thanks

And honestly, if you took Paypal, I'd be out a hunnert-fitty bucks by now.
    you should try Square.

Hit that buy button, you will like it.

Paypal has finally become too restrictive to sellers.

If you have credit card or debit card, it is super easy.

Rick