Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
Really? Because as a seller myself, I see several advantages, the biggest being a more efficient process from listing to accepting payment. Image uploading is drag-n-drop or batch upload. I don't have to worry about using a third-party host and copying and pasting a bunch of links. I don't have to go back and forth with a potential buyer if the item is still available and what my Paypal info is. If the buyer wants, they click "Buy It", I get the notification, ship it and that's it.
You have the Belxley Intrepid listed both here and at your website. The photos have two different url locations. Dose that mean you uploaded them twice? A third party host is efficient when you are listing at multiple locations. Drag-n-drop is overrated.
Your website offers a "buy it" option that takes a buyer to paypal checkout. Ebay offers this as well.

Answering if something is still available is not more efficient than closing/canceling a listing from a selling point of view.

Automation does not equal efficiency.

But, being a luddite, you probably don't use Paypal or even take digital images. I'm guessing you're still mailing prints to those interested in purchasing your pens so you're right, there probably is no upside for you.
Yes, and I still use fountain pens when I can type.

I can ask all I want, but only a few actually donate and do so repeatedly. Using Panjo and charing a transaction fee is a way to spread the load out evenly, especially for those who sell more than others.
Is there a topic in the sales forum asking for donations?...if so I missed it. Part of the objection is being told I have to pay before being asked. Hey, at least you aren't claiming the website costs many thousands of dollars a year to run

Is this is a surprise? Paypal has a pretty solid resolution system and I always recommend people use them for online transactions. If we had a policy in place for the Classifieds (before installing Panjo) I'd just copy theirs.
Not really, but claiming buyer protection while relying on paypal's policies is a bit misleading.