Thread: Introducing Panjo, a new Classifieds section

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Introducing Panjo, a new Classifieds section

UPDATE 1/6/2015: I've uninstalled the Panjo plugin and will return to the original style of listing classifieds.

Hey folks, I'm really excite to introduce a new classifieds plugin called Panjo.

I think we can agree that most classified sections are somewhat lacking and while I have yet to discover selling (or buying) nirvana, I think Panjo improves on the standard forum post.

Here's a few items that I think is an improvement over creating a typical classified listing:

* a photo-based gallery of listings
    * email reminders
    * buyer protection
    * payment integration
    * increased item visibility
    * sort, search, and filer tools
    * sold item records
    * drag-and-drop image uploads
    * enhanced security
    * price negotiation and checkout tools

The best part, to me, is the Paypal integration and the ease in which I can buy something. Just click the "Buy" button, check out securely through Paypal, and it's done.

The other main reason we've installed Panjo is to help pay for some of the operating costs of FPGeeks.

There's no listing fee, but there is a 2.5% transaction fee when the item sells. For users who have donated to the forum we are removing the transaction fee so it will cost you nothing to use it. This will be retroactive, so if you've ever donated, even as little as $1, you won't have to pay any fees for selling items.

The new Panjo Classifieds can be accessed through the "Classifieds" menu link at the top of the forum and the Classifieds forum will remain as is. Panjo automatically creates a new thread in the Classifieds forum so it can still be used on mobile devices.

Speaking of mobile devices, there's also a Panjo app for iPhone (sorry Android users) that lets you list items directly from your phone.

I want to give a huge THANKS! to Tim Hoffman who helped me out with this project.

If you have any questions or concerns please leave a comment. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Learn more about the new buyer benefits:

Learn more about the new seller benefits:
    Last edited by dannzeman; January 6th, 2015 at 08:17 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

dougb1426 (February 11th, 2015), Flounder (November 17th, 2014), Frank (November 17th, 2014), jde (November 15th, 2014), laoriginaltec (November 26th, 2014), sixmr (November 15th, 2014), trhall (November 15th, 2014)