Thread: Covers Worthy of Rhodia

Thanks

Thumbs up Covers Worthy of Rhodia

I somehow stumbled upon Oberon Design and was dumbstruck by their handsome work depicted at their website. I've long been searching for covers worthy of the paper I use most often: The Rhodia Web Notebook (large) and the Rhodia 8.5x11 Pad.

I ordered both an Oberon Journal and an Oberon Portfolio. I'm very happy to report that the journal cover fits the large Rhodia Web Notebook perfectly and that the Rhodia Pad Number 18 appears to have been made for the portfolio (or vice versa).

I don't know... perhaps everyone is already familiar with Oberon Design covers and I'm simply arriving late to the party. But if anyone out there is searching, as I was, for non-run-of-the-mill covers, perhaps my sharing will help.

Eric
    Son of Ragnar

SProctor

Wow Eric...

Wow! I too have searched high & low for a decent cover for at least a couple of years, especially since Rhodia doesn't make one for their larger pads. These look incredible! Though these seem little pricey, they look like they would be absolutely perfect! Thanks so much!

Very Best Regards,
    Stephen

Thanks

Though these seem little pricey...
    I admit that I initially felt the products were a bit pricey, too. But other factors outweighed that initial reaction...

I like the fact that the products are all made in-house.

I like the fact that the leather product you order is not made until you order it.

I like what I read at their website:

Oberon Design is a small company of core crafts people, designers and office staff passionate about the quality of the leather and pewter products made in our studio shop in northern California . As a team we have a deep commitment to quality, pride of craftsmanship and customer service. Most of the folks making products at Oberon Design have been working together for ten to twelve years.

We're proud of the fact that we offer great pay and bonuses for our employees such as a health care plan that includes vision and dental care. We also offer disability, sick days, 401K plan and a profit sharing programs.
    Before ordering, I contacted them via email and received quick replies. I also called them and they were very pleasant. They are not lacking in the customer service department.

The products, once they arrived and I could inspect/use them, exceeded my expectations with regard to quality and design.

Do I sound like I work for Oberon Design? =) Not the case. No affiliation. Just a very satisfied customer.

Eric
    Son of Ragnar

mattjs

I found them once before while looking for covers for my Nook, never took the plunge though.

Good to see that you're enjoying them! I hope they last you a lifetime.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

I think this could be posted in Market Feedback too. Great post!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

those are attractive. very nice!

Thanks

Glad you like, manoeuver! The original post is a bit dated, but both covers are still right here on my desk looking very nice indeed.

=) Eric
    Son of Ragnar

Thanks

Beautiful work indeed - I particularly like that red sun cover.