Thread: Maruman Mnemosyne Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Maruman Mnemosyne Review

Time for my first review. It is a semi handwritten one, so excuse the little smudges. They are not a fault of the paper but of me being a lefty m(_ _)m

Maruman Mnemosyne ring notebook, 5mm ruling

The writing/ruled part is 13x21 cm. I bought the notebook with 5mm ruling but there is also a blank version. The grid is only printed on one side of the sheets and the pages have a perforated line for ripping out the pages -> as the name suggests its main purpose is for writing little notes.
    The paper is a little beige with a dash of greyish green and I would say it is about 80g/mē. There is some showthrough, no bleedthrough, and almost no feathering - I have the feeling that there is less feathering than with my 90g/mē Clairefontain paper! The paper is as smooth but not as smooth as Clairefontaine.

The have a pretty strong cardboard back so you use it even when there is no table available.
    Did I mention that it looks pretty nice ^_^

Price of admission: 525 yen for 70 sheets, so it is on the expensive side.
    Would I buy it again: Nice for business meetings, but too expensive for everyday writing.

Text written with a Kaweco Sport Classic with an 90's M nib (wetness: 5-6/10)

The front:

Ruled on only one side:

Mainly written with a wet Kaweco Sport, 90's M nib):

Comparison with a Clairefontaine 90g/mē school notebook:

Two close-ups

Backside: showthrough, but no bleedthrough:
    Last edited by Pinkys.Brain; July 23rd, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pinkys.Brain For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (October 11th, 2017), da vinci (September 21st, 2016), datainadequate (September 20th, 2016), KKay (September 24th, 2016), Marsilius (January 15th, 2017)