Thread: WTT My Vintage Sheaffer/Parker/Eversharp EF/F Pens (some modern) for your M/B/etc Pen

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Default WTT My Vintage Sheaffer/Parker/Eversharp EF/F Pens (some modern) for your M/B/etc Pen

A vast majority of my current collection are Western Fine or Smaller (mostly smaller), all are working and clean. All of the vintage pens were restored after March/April 2014.

Hoping to trade to pens/etc that may have a (western) Medium-to-Broad/(japanese) Broad+ or cursive/crisp italics (preferably under 1.1). Even without the Jitterbug below, I do have two pens that can take Jowo #6 nibs. I'm partial to Japanese brands, but I'll take anything into consideration if offered.

I will take into consideration partial trades (ie: item+cash for one or more of the pens) or just straight sell if you make an offer. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Pictured from top to bottom along the left are:
    • Sheaffer Milady Balance (1939-1941) in Striated Carmine, Lever-filler. 2-tone 14K Feathertouch EF~F nib.
    • Sheaffer Touchdown Statesman in Persian Blue, Touchdown Filler. 2-tone 14K Fine Nib.
    • Sheaffer Snorkel Admiral in Burgundy, Snorkel/TD filler. Monotone 14K little under Fine Nib.
    • Parker 51 Vacumatic (Q1 1948, 1950 Nib) in Cordovan Brown, 1/8 14K Gold Filled Cap, 14K F~M nib. (holds around 1.9~2.0 ml when I pumped ink back into a sample vial)
    • Eversharp Skyline in Burgundy, Green/Black Striated Derby cap, lever filler. 14K Fine Nib. (also have the replaced clip-less burgundy cap it came with)
    • Pilot Elite Lady (post-1985), Taupe exterior with coral section. 18K <F> nib.

The two along the right are:
    • Faber-Castell BASIC in Leather with a Steel Fine Nib and Faber-Castell Converter. Has original box.
    • Bexley Jitterbug! in Jukebox Red, original box, and warranty-replaced Bexley Steel Fine Nib (nib unit only inked once for testing when replacement arrived, ie: not a 'repair' simply a nib replacement with a new one).

Notes (CLICK HERE for large 2000x1800 [~1.6MB] resolution photo to see better details):
    • Snorkel Admiral has a visible mark along the back of the barrel from posting.
    • Parker 51 has some noticeable light marks on barrel (easily seen in picture).
    • Skyline has some light marks/scratches as well as some small indentations near the end of the barrel (bite marks maybe?)
    • Elite Lady has a small ding on the back of the cap.

Loose Nibs available (which can fit into the Jitterbug)
    • Goulet 2-tone 1.5 Stub
    • Newton Pens 2-tone Medium ground by Newton Pens to an XXF

Click Image to view large 2000x1800 resolution (~1.6MB).

Edit (11/22/2014) : Snorkel Admiral and Eversharp Skyline Traded
    Edit (11/29/2014) : Parker 51 and Bexley Jitterbug Traded
    Edit (12/02/2014) : Sheaffer MiLady Balance Traded/Gone
    Last edited by KBeezie; December 2nd, 2014 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: WTT My Vintage Sheaffer/Parker/Eversharp EF/F Pens (some modern) for your M/B/etc

Would you sell them individually at all please?

Thanks

Default Re: WTT My Vintage Sheaffer/Parker/Eversharp EF/F Pens (some modern) for your M/B/etc

Quote Originally Posted by NerdThing View Post
    Would you sell them individually at all please?
    This isn't a "lot" trade, it's listed with the intention of being able to trade individually. Likewise if you want to buy one individually make an offer. I would rather trade, but I'll take buy offers into consideration.

PS: Also something to keep in mind, I rarely accept offers from accounts that are only one day old.
    Last edited by KBeezie; November 22nd, 2014 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks

Thank you Karl. As a newbie to these things I haven't yet the faintest clue about prices and I wouldn't want to offend! How much, ballpark would the She after Touchdown Statesman in Persona Blue command for example? Many thanks, Hugh

Thanks

Thank you Karl. As a newbie to these things I haven't yet the faintest clue about prices and I wouldn't want to offend! How much, ballpark would the She after Touchdown Statesman in Persona Blue command for example? Many thanks, Hugh
    Sheaffer Touchdown Statesman in the Persian Blue Color is typically around $50 restored (approximately since last time I looked, one way to kind of get an idea is to do a search on eBay then check the "completed listing" check box, and look at where most of the green colored prices are). I initially got it cheaper because it wasn't functional until I restored it myself by replacing the sac and o-ring and giving it a little bit of a polish.

Thanks

Thanks Karl. That's probably within my budget. Can you post to UK please? (Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your patience).

Thanks

11/22/2014 Snorkel Admiral and Skyline Pending Trade

Thanks Karl. That's probably within my budget. Can you post to UK please? (Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your patience).
    I could, ever keep in mind it's roughly $25 USD if I were to ship it in a flat-rate small international priority box (which is not insured, they don't even provide insurance unless you pay nearly $50 just for the medium flat rate box). Then there's also 1st class mail at $15 which doesn't have a specific time frame (with priority it's usually around 6 to 10 days international, with 1st class it can take up to 3-4 weeks). Naturally with Paypal if shipping international, it would have to be a verified account with a confirmed shipping address. So something to keep in mind of the budget.

Thanks

Thanks Karl. So that would be about $65 at the cheapest option - I'm not in a mad rush to have it here and Xmas will no doubt mess the post (mail) up as usual. Can you accommodate bank transfer or does it have to be PayPal?

Thanks

Thanks Karl. So that would be about $65 at the cheapest option - I'm not in a mad rush to have it here and Xmas will no doubt mess the post (mail) up as usual. Can you accommodate bank transfer or does it have to be PayPal?
    I'll have to get back with you on that. I've only ever done a bank transfer with some of my server management clients, but they were domestic (within the US), not sure how one would go about an international bank transfer.

Thanks

How about a silver plated Waterman Laureat with a broad nib? A c/c pen from the 80s.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pajaro View Post
    How about a silver plated Waterman Laureat with a broad nib? A c/c pen from the 80s.
    I had one of these, didn't care for the way it felt/wrote, cap rotated too loosely (which I'm told by other Laureat users is kind of common), it didn't feel quite right in terms of how it fit in my hands. Ended up selling it to someone who had a better appreciation for the model. Course it was the only waterman I ever used (and that one being gold plated steel had a bit of pittings on the nib which may have attributed to how it felt).

A pic of my currently collection (for the sake of seeing either what I have or what direction I seem to go).

( http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...nt-collection/ )

Thanks

PS: If you have a Pelikan M2xx/M1xx/M4xx nib to trade such as a Broad o r specialty grind (italic, xxf [thus freeing up another pen], etc) available for trade I would take that into consideration.
    From my understanding any nib that can go into a M2xx, M1xx, and M4xx can go into a M250 (which I currently have with a 14K Medium).

Thanks

I PMd you about the Sheaffer Milady. I don't have anything to trade but if you're willing to sell it, I'm interested. Thanks.

Thanks

Hey Karl, I have a few Skyline nibs laying around my repair bin that don't have bodies for right now. When I get home I will pull them out and look at them to see if I have any M-B nibs. I can take some shots of them and you can see if you want them. We can work something out via PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AZBennett View Post
    Hey Karl, I have a few Skyline nibs laying around my repair bin that don't have bodies for right now. When I get home I will pull them out and look at them to see if I have any M-B nibs. I can take some shots of them and you can see if you want them. We can work something out via PM.
    Thanks, just something to keep in mind, since I traded off my taller Skyline I only have the Skyline Demi, and that's a smaller nib.

Thanks

The Parker 51 and Bexley Jitterbug has been traded.

Thanks

I have a Parker Sonnet with a flexible med-broad stub that was modified by John Mottishaw. I would need more than 1 pen in trade though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wingwiper View Post
    I have a Parker Sonnet with a flexible med-broad stub that was modified by John Mottishaw. I would need more than 1 pen in trade though
    Curious to know more about it. And that's understandable, and a little more desirable ie : narrowing the collection down by getting one back for two.

However there's not much left on the list above there's these 4 :
    - Pilot Elite Lady
    - Faber-Castell BASIC
    - Sheaffer Touchdown Statesman
    - Sheaffer MiLady Balance (though this one might be pending a trade/sale will know later)

What I currently have, including 4 coming to me (the last four on the list), using the spoiler feature to hide the list for screen space. (I'm also marking in green what I *might* consider up for trade depending on what's offered, but it's not exactly planned).

Spoiler: 

• Montblanc 225 (70s), Piston Filling, 14K XXF, platinum coated nib and cap
    • Pelikan M250 (Black, 1992~1996), 14K M
    • Eversharp Skyline ('95), Yellow Cab Edition, C/C filler, 14K B (writes closer to a western M)
    • Parker 45 CT (early 60s), Dark Grey, 14K Fine (can write an XXF on the top side of the nib)
    • Pilot Long Murex (October 1978), Stainless Steel integrated Fine Nib (writes like a Japanese EF/XXF)
    • Sheaffer Tuckaway Valiant Vac-Fill (1945-1947), Gold/Brown Striated, 14K Triumph Medium nib
    • Sheaffer Touchdown Admiral (1950-51), Evergreen Green, 14K 2-tone Firm Accounting/Needlepoint Feathertouch Nib
    • Pilot Elite (Black, March 11th, 1970), 18K Soft Fine
    • Pilot Elite (Black, March 24th, 1971), 18K Posting
    • Parker Ellipse (Blue, 2000-2002), 18K Fine
    • BCHR Pen (approx 1910-1920, identical to Moore L92 appearance), 14K Flexible F~M
    • Eversharp Skyline Demi (1940s), Army/Navy color (Navy Blue Body, Red/Green striated cap), 14K Fine
    • Monterverde Invincia Deluxe Nighthawk v1 (2013), Steel Bexley Fine nib losing it's plating
    • Platinum PTL-10000 Burgundy, 18K Medium
    • Taccia Momenta (Marine Waves), Steel Franklin-Christoph 1.9 Music Nib
    • Lamy 2000 (post 2009), 14K EF
    • Conklin Glider (Modern Blue-white) w/ Steel Medium nib
    • Edsel 1935 Flex Pen with restored cork piston
    • Frankamatic striated vacumatic pen with 14K F~M nib
    • Sheaffer Tip-Dip, 14K Fine nib, in need of new sac (which I already have ready have once it arrives)

Thanks

i would be interested in the last 2 maybe

Thanks

12/02/2014 : Sheaffer MiLady Balance Traded/Gone