Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which of these are Fakes and which one should i buy?

Thanks

Default Re: Which of these are Fakes and which one should i buy?

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toto211111 View Post

According to what i read Pix used to be the safe way but isn´t anymore, but in the german forums people told me that if i actually bought a pen looking right and with every detail in the right spot, chances are it´ s areal one or it´ s a very expensive fake. Members of that Forum actually even considered some copies to be the better writers as they´ re that well made nobody can tell the difference without infra red cams.
    Well if they are so good, then why care if it is fake or not?

If your top price is 180, then don't go to 200. Go with 180. You don't have to buy *this* pen. Never wise on an auction to decide you have to have *this* one even if it goes over the price you are comfortable paying. Eventually you'll find your pen. Honestly I wouldn't spend 200 euros on a 145, I think that's highway robbery, but I don't have a lot of use for modern cart/converter Montblancs, they are, honestly, just trading on the name. (I had a modern, authentic, 144 and sold it in disgust.)

For well UNDER 200 euros you could have yourself a user grade 50s era 144, or 244 for heaven sake. Piston filled, real (without questions), and an all around better writing experience. (The nibs, my gosh the nibs on those pens!) Don't go over your comfort zone price. And on eBay, don't go over the price you'd be willing to lose. (Yes you can probably get your money back in a dispute but it's a hassle and it could take quite a while)

In the end it is your money. So do what you will be comfortable with long term, that's what actually matters. But you keep asking questions that you don't seem to want to hear answers to.

Thank you for the advice, i think you misinterpreted what i wrote, i wanted to express that my girlriends willing to lend me 20 Euros so i could bid up to 200 Euros and i simply wanted to know if a simple 145 is wort more or less than 200 Euros.

The reason i want a cartridge Pen is simply because i write a lot at university. I simply want a well made pen to write with everyday, if i had time to write in a beatiful manner and actually really savouring the words i write i would go with a piston filled Mont Blanc. ( btw. Here´ s a little real vs fake comparison which i found to be very interesting http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...anc-pic-heavy/ )

And i do believe you that the older ones are the better writers but as i mentioned piston filled means too much work for somebody using at least 1 cartridge a day.

Nonetheless i appreciate your tips.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

If your purpose is taking notes I'd really recommend looking for a hooded nib pen. They work much better for such stop start writing. Montblanc made a number during the 70s.

Probably the best pen for note-taking though would be a Pilot Vanishing Point. Clicks like a ballpoint, perfect for note-taking.
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

As a student using a pen for taking notes ... Pilot Vanishing Point with Pilot cartridges (they hold more ink than the converters).

If I were making a list of fountain pens yp meet your current needs Montblanc would not even make the first five pages or so.

I'd go with a Parker "45", "75" or "51" or Pilot VP for starters.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

tandaina (November 26th, 2014), Tony Rex (November 26th, 2014)

Thanks

I absolutely agree with Tandaina, Vintage are a lot less prone to be faked than modern ones. Having said that almost all the pens you posted on your original post look to be original. To my eyes none jumped an fake alarm, but to prevent any problems when buying online I only buy vintage pens, modern pens I only buy if I see it in my hand.

People here are giving you the correct advices, contact well known sellers and you will have no problems, also consider other brands and pens that are less expensive and will suit you as perfectly has a Montblanc.
    A trusted seller knows that is not worth to ruin his/her's reputation in one minute that took a lot long time to build. Even if you have to pay a bit more you will have help if any problem occurs with the pen or if the pen is not what you though it was from the description the seller has made.

If after all this advices you still want a 100% sure original and near mint Montblanc 145 Chopin, let me know as I have one for sale that fits your budget. Sen me a PM
    Last edited by piscov; November 27th, 2014 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks

Cool Re: Which of these are Fakes and which one should i buy?

I went for Piscovs 145, the price was quite fair the state seems near mint judged by by the fotos and the authenticity is apparent . Thanks to everybody for the tips, the reason i didn´t want a Pilot is because it seems too big on the fingertip section and the clip would probably annoy me. I simply need to have a 145 it´ s the right size and i love the styling of the nib.

Now the wait begins and i´ m quite excited about my first quality pen.

Thanks

Piscov's pens are amazing, good choice.
    ---

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tandaina For This Useful Post:

piscov (November 27th, 2014)

Thanks

Tandaina: Thank you so much for your kind words! This one I can assure Dino it´s 100% Genuine and near Mint.

By the way, did you find the replacement barrel for that Soennecken?
    Last edited by piscov; November 27th, 2014 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks

Cool Re: Which of these are Fakes and which one should i buy?

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Piscov's pens are amazing, good choice.
    That´s what i was deducing from the pictures and the reason why i agreed to buy it right away for the 1st price he named. The notch on the feeder is in my eyes the most relevant indicator for an original, nobody would show it if he were to sell a fake as it would give away its identity. I´ m anxious to hold it in my hands i´ m a very happy person right now. Thanks again for the good advice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piscov View Post
    Tandaina: Thank you so much for your kind words! This one I can assure Dino it´s 100% Genuine and near Mint.

By the way, did you find the replacement barrel for that Soennecken?
    Sadly, no that color and pattern is rare as hens teeth and when I do see one in good shape it is far more $$$$ than I'm willing to pay. But the nib is currently living in a Montblanc 142 barrel/section which fits the cap and nib perfectly, oddly enough. (Nib went in like it was made for it and cap threads are identical.) So the pen is bit of a mutt, but enjoyable to write with, even if it does look odd. (The Montblanc 142 barrel isn't labeled, but it matches the barrel of my 142, section and all exactly. Weight, size, so we're pretty sure of it.)
    ---

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toto211111 View Post
    I went for Piscovs 145, the price was quite fair the state seems near mint judged by by the fotos and the authenticity is apparent . Thanks to everybody for the tips, the reason i didn´t want a Pilot is because it seems too big on the fingertip section and the clip would probably annoy me. I simply need to have a 145 it´ s the right size and i love the styling of the nib.

Now the wait begins and i´ m quite excited about my first quality pen.
    As Tandaina has already stated, you have made an excellent choice.