Thread: Esterbrook Writing Samples

Thanks

Default Esterbrook Writing Samples

Since there are so many nibs to choose from, I thought I'd sample a few. I don't have terribly elegant writing to start with, so I am certain I am not showing off the flex and and relief to the best of their capability, but I thought this was a start. If you have your own writing samples for these or other Esterbrook nibs, I'd like to see them.

All of the samples are using Waterman's Serenity Blue, and are dipped only (which is probably why the 9788 railroaded so early.)

EsterbrookWriting.jpg

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gbryal For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

ChrisC (December 4th, 2014), fqgouvea (May 10th, 2015), Haefennasiel (May 10th, 2015), Hawk (May 13th, 2015), Jeph (December 1st, 2014), Jon Szanto (November 30th, 2014), Lady Onogaro (November 30th, 2014), Midwest (March 3rd, 2015), Neo (November 30th, 2014), rdcalhoon (November 30th, 2014), roseread (February 6th, 2015), sgtstretch (December 1st, 2014), welch (November 30th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Esterbrook Writing Samples

Nicely done. No apologies necessary for the penmanship - the non-cursives showed off the nibs just fine. You need a 23- or 9314-F nib, I think you would enjoy that. Also, the 2442 nibs are like that - narrow stub nibs.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Nicely done. No apologies necessary for the penmanship - the non-cursives showed off the nibs just fine. You need a 23- or 9314-F nib, I think you would enjoy that. Also, the 2442 nibs are like that - narrow stub nibs.
    I think that's a good call. I write a little bit small but would like a little bit of variation to my line for interest, and the M is a little crowded for me.

Thanks

Nice writing. I can easily read your handwriting.

There are some whose handwriting gives me a headache to look at, but your writing is beautifully formed and has an upbeat and pleasant quality that delights my eyes.

The 9314-F or 2314-F would be a nice choice. I have a few of them. They are nice to write with. I also like the 2312 and 9312 italics, but those are harder to find and usually cost more, upwards of $35. I like the 9048 and I see you got some flex out of it. Very nice. Well done.

Thanks

I have a 9048 and a 9128 screwed into Wality 71JT pen bodies, and I really like both of them. The Wality pens hold enough ink that you can really play around with them.
    Trying to save the day for the Old World man
    Trying to pave the way for the Third World man

Thanks

Nicely done, thanks for sharing.

InCoWri 2018, Letter Writers Alliance Member, Postable link: www.postable.com/bradharris, postcrossing