Thread: "Jeweler's" cap-band Sheaffer Balances, per chat with Jon Szanto.

Thanks

Default "Jeweler's" cap-band Sheaffer Balances, per chat with Jon Szanto.

On our FB chat about the Ebonized Pearl Sheaffer Balances with off-catalogue "fish-scale" cap-bands (see couple threads here at FBG about those pens), Jon Szanto mentioned he prefers the wide patterned cap-bands on the striated Celluloid patterns (offered starting a bit later in the run by Sheaffer).

Well, ok then. I shot a few.

This cap-band, known as the "Jeweler's" cap-band (it is factory original), is more common than the fish-scale band, but still is more impressive appearing than the usual smooth thin cap-bands.

Small Lady Sheaffer Deluxe in Golden Brown Celluloid, Standard size Statesman Deluxe in Carmine Celluloid, oversized Premier Deluxe in Marine Green Celluloid.

regards

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

Jeph (December 4th, 2014), mrcharlie (December 4th, 2014), Neo (December 4th, 2014), reprieve (December 3rd, 2014)

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

Default Re: "Jeweler's" cap-band Sheaffer Balances, per chat with Jon Szanto.

Jon is wrong. The fish-scale cap band is obviously better.
    Ha ha ha. I'm kidding.
    These are lovely, too. And so is that photo; the pens really pop.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

DI, as per my comment on FB: I've forgotten - I have two (Jon Rosen tweaked my memory). I'll try to get a photo tomorrow.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Those sure are pretty pens.