Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Has inspired me to make reviews ....so here we go ! my first one !

Thanks

Default Dan Has inspired me to make reviews ....so here we go ! my first one !

Please forgive my pictures... this is my first review and I shot it with my wife's IPhone ..

So here we go ...

My heart almost burst out of my chest as I stood there signing for my international package ..The mailman looked at me and saw the gleam in my eye and he knew that he had brought me something very special indeed..... As I tore into the package I could see of one of my Grail pen's finally becoming a reality.. The packaging was subtle and yet sophisticated .. I didn't expect it to include two in cartridges and a converter.. When I first picked it up the weight felt good my in my hand. The balance was well tuned but posted...is when it really sang ... When the cap Popped off the highly tuned medium fine nib had Excalibur sharpness to it ..My Mike Masuyama Franklin Cristoph # 6 cursive Italic ...or the softness of my 14k med falcon nib had had a run for their money..
    Inking it up with One of my favorite inks Pilot itoshizuku Kon-peki was the perfect match for the soft blue of the barrel ... Now the magic happened. Placing the nib down on my Rohdia dot Pad, The pen seemed to write it by itself the flow was wet but definitely not a gusher.... There was a little feedback
    That let your paper absorb the ink gladly ... The nib stacks up well in comparison to a few of my other inferior models...
    At $395 with free shipping I feel some one should lock me up because this was a real steal .... O wait that was $3.95
    I hope this helps someone and that you found it helpful
    Thanks for your time ...
    Enjoy the photos ..
    and here is my video review

check out my blog aredfalcon
    and I make puppets

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Aredfalcon For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

akapulko2020 (March 24th, 2015), Bogon07 (March 23rd, 2015), earthdawn (March 22nd, 2015), elaineb (March 22nd, 2015), Faustine (April 14th, 2015), Haefennasiel (March 22nd, 2015), Jeph (March 25th, 2015), klpeabody (March 25th, 2015), KrazyIvan (March 24th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (March 23rd, 2015), mustud52 (March 23rd, 2015), Neo (March 23rd, 2015), Potter (March 23rd, 2015), rgperedo (March 26th, 2015), RuiFromUK (March 23rd, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (March 23rd, 2015), TerraNoir (March 24th, 2015), Tracy Lee (March 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: Dan Has inspired me to make reviews ....so here we go ! my first one !

I had such a laugh over this. Especially because when I first read $395, I thought... "oh no. Don't tell me that someone like Montegrappa has started making Peanuts-branded fountain pens for ridiculous amounts of money..."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to elaineb For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (March 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: Dan Has inspired me to make reviews ....so here we go ! my first one !

I'm completely jealous of the snoopy pen.
    My Pinterest Feel free to add me on Facebook as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

That was great !

And... I know must acquire one for my girlfriend who is a Snoopy fanatic.

By the way the video was very well done!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Well done!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Thanks, most enjoyable

Thanks

Start Monday with a smile, thanks

Thanks

It is Monday and it did make me smile
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

That is a very well done fountain pen review video! Love the attention to detail, such as the flowers behind the ink bottle. Kudos!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Awesome job. Hurray for snoopy. I'm jealous too....you have a snoopy pen

Thanks
    Thanked 3,423 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Awesome job. Hurray for snoopy. I'm jealous too....you have a snoopy pen

With a Montblanc-like star top!
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

I loved it. Thank you for that! (from a lover of Kakunos and Clear Candy pens).
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

What a wonderful video.
    Now I NEED this pen May I ask where you got it ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aredfalcon View Post
    Please forgive my pictures... this is my first review and I shot it with my wife's IPhone ..

So here we go ...

My heart almost burst out of my chest as I stood there signing for my international package ..The mailman looked at me and saw the gleam in my eye and he knew that he had brought me something very special indeed..... As I tore into the package I could see of one of my Grail pen's finally becoming a reality.. The packaging was subtle and yet sophisticated .. I didn't expect it to include two in cartridges and a converter.. When I first picked it up the weight felt good my in my hand. The balance was well tuned but posted...is when it really sang ... When the cap Popped off the highly tuned medium fine nib had Excalibur sharpness to it ..My Mike Masuyama Franklin Cristoph # 6 cursive Italic ...or the softness of my 14k med falcon nib had had a run for their money..
    Inking it up with One of my favorite inks Pilot itoshizuku Kon-peki was the perfect match for the soft blue of the barrel ... Now the magic happened. Placing the nib down on my Rohdia dot Pad, The pen seemed to write it by itself the flow was wet but definitely not a gusher.... There was a little feedback
    That let your paper absorb the ink gladly ... The nib stacks up well in comparison to a few of my other inferior models...
    At $395 with free shipping I feel some one should lock me up because this was a real steal .... O wait that was $3.95
    I hope this helps someone and that you found it helpful
    Thanks for your time ...
    Enjoy the photos ..
    and here is my video review

check out my blog aredfalcon
    and I make puppets

Where did you buy it??

Thanks

Thanks everyone one for their kind words on my first review. I cant thanks this board enough for all the passion it brings to writing instruments ..
    and if you can save up for something this special here is a link to the wonderful seller of something so stellar .. looks like the raised the price a bit ( darn supply and demand )
    :blush:
    AND THANK YOU DAN FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!! I CANT GET ENOUGH of your amazing photography and all the hard work you put into your work ..so BIG THANKS TO DAN AND AIRA !!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aredfalcon For This Useful Post:

elaineb (March 23rd, 2015), Rita_K (March 23rd, 2015), TerraNoir (March 24th, 2015)

Thanks

I think you may have stopped a number of new reviews in their tracks.

Most probably me for a start.

Butter on popcorn...I have a pen like that!

Thanks

Thanks for the awesome review. And with such a glowing recommendation, of course I had to have one for myself!

Thanks

This was so awesome!!! I loved it. And I went over the moon with the Charlie Brown sketch. Well done. I'm looking forward to more reviews.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TerraNoir View Post
    This was so awesome!!! I loved it. And I went over the moon with the Charlie Brown sketch. Well done. I'm looking forward to more reviews.
    thanks so much for all the kind words .... send me a email and I will send you a original drawing using that old school pony express system USPS when I have a moment of down time ... aredfalcon@gmail.com
    I LOVE TO DRAW!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,423 Times in 1,715 Posts

Awesome drawing skills, too.

Now I don't feel so bad, loading my Hero-Faris with Montblanc ink.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD