Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pelikan M200 Café Crème

Thanks

Default Re: Pelikan M200 Café Crème

I've never been much of a Pelikan fan, but when I saw the cafe creme I was hooked; I had to have this pen! I saw in person the other day and was on the fence, but thanks to your post VertOlive I ordered it Good price, free shipping, and a bottle of ink is hard to beat. I've never ordered from Goldspot so I'm hoping for a good experience. Thanks again!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ajp-oh For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (March 23rd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Argh! Mine was at my door but ended up back on the truck for want of a signature!

How come UPS doesn't have a form I could pre-sign when a signature required package is coming!?!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

I don't know, it drives me batty as well. :\ Ages ago I had a great UPS driver who knew no one would ever be home during work hours. So he'd get our work addresses and drop packages off at work if we wanted. So. Nice. Sadly these days they'd probably fire him for that.
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    Argh! Mine was at my door but ended up back on the truck for want of a signature!

How come UPS doesn't have a form I could pre-sign when a signature required package is coming!?!
    Oh how frustrating when that happens. I hope the pick up location is closer than my experience often 1-2 communities away.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    I don't know, it drives me batty as well. :\ Ages ago I had a great UPS driver who knew no one would ever be home during work hours. So he'd get our work addresses and drop packages off at work if we wanted. So. Nice. Sadly these days they'd probably fire him for that.
    This month's Harper's magazine had an article about the tracking and scheduling software that UPS, Starbucks, and other companies use to increase profits and worker productivity. Worker productivity = a note on your door so you can pick up the package (it's literally impossible to deliver the number of packages they do between 7 and 5 and drive safely, plus it takes a lot of time to open the cargo doors and close them on those trucks, so now you just get the slip on your door). Profitability does not = good service.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (March 24th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post
    This month's Harper's magazine had an article about the tracking and scheduling software that UPS, Starbucks, and other companies use to increase profits and worker productivity. Worker productivity = a note on your door so you can pick up the package (it's literally impossible to deliver the number of packages they do between 7 and 5 and drive safely, plus it takes a lot of time to open the cargo doors and close them on those trucks, so now you just get the slip on your door). Profitability does not = good service.
    Well but now they have to make two trips and keep track of that. With a pre-signed form on the door waiting for them the first time, they could drop and go...

Thanks

Default Pelikan M200 Café Crème

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post
    Well but now they have to make two trips and keep track of that. With a pre-signed form on the door waiting for them the first time, they could drop and go...
    Times certainly has changed. At one time FedEx, UPS and USPS had standing orders from me stating that if the package couldnt fit into my box that they could leave it in my garage (the door was always unlocked although kept shut) and unless it required a signature they did just that. If/when you pick it up, just ask them if they still offer that service.

That being said, most of what I ordered back then were books and dvds. Not entirely sure I would trust leaving a pricey item like that until i arrived home.
    Last edited by caribbean_skye; March 24th, 2015 at 05:42 AM.

Thanks

Where are those Armed Drone Deliveries Amazon has promised us?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le46ERPMlWU
    Last edited by VertOlive; March 24th, 2015 at 06:46 AM.

Thanks

Where are those Armed Drone Deliveries Amazon has promised us?!

I think the FAA said no to drones.

Thanks

Dang. UPS won't deliver with just a signature left for them and I can't take a day off work to sign in person. Sent the pen back to the seller...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Dang. UPS won't deliver with just a signature left for them and I can't take a day off work to sign in person. Sent the pen back to the seller...
    Bummer.

Thanks

Oh that's awful. Can't have it delivered to your workplace? Are you going to ask the seller to re ship without a signature or are you giving up on this pen? Tylee.tw is still the cheapest I've seen

Thanks

I've asked UPS to hold an item and then picked it up later on the weekend.

Edit: I know USPS will allow you to designate an "agent" to pick up and sign for a package. I would think UPS would allow that as well.
    Kent

Thanks

I just got mine!!! I couldn't be happier. A little sad that I didn't get the awesome deal from Goldspot though. But! With my new pretty in hand. I can't be too sad now. Hopefully I will have a review posted soon.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TerraNoir For This Useful Post:

gwgtaylor (March 24th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (March 24th, 2015), VertOlive (March 24th, 2015)

Thanks

Thanks for the helpful replies but my schedule is extremely tight so can't go pick it up, no designated agents in my life, and when they told me there was an extra fee to deliver to my lab I felt something snap in my head and sent the pen back.

I wish the seller had warned me they required my physical presence to sign, I wouldn't have ordered from them. I suppose I should have asked...

Once I get a refund I'll try again.
    Last edited by VertOlive; March 31st, 2015 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Yeah, I understand the signature required thing but I try to avoid those who use it because I too often can't be home to sign. Hope you find someone who will ship to your office or to without a sig!
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks

Thanks for the helpful replies but my schedule is extremely tight so can't go pick it up, no designated agents in my life, and when they told me there was an extra fee to deliver to my lab I felt something snap in my head and sent the pen back.

I wish the seller had warned me they required my physical presence to sign, I wouln't have ordered from them. I suppose I should have asked...

Once I get a refund I'll try again.
    I hate it when something snaps in my head - especially if it is an anger snap. Wish you better results next time.
    Cw

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    ― Mark Twain

Thanks

As I type this mine is out for delivery, but via USPS so I hope no signature is required. I so badly want to fill it with Iroshizuku Yama Guri to match brown on brown, but with that Goldspot deal I'm tempted to use the Edelstein Topaz as I've never used a Pelikan ink.

On the topic of deliveries, when I lived in Japan the delivery service was fantastic. You could specify delivery time in generally two hour blocks, but the better part was lockboxes that the front of the building. Many of the apartment buildings have lockers that hold your deliveries for you. When you get home you type in your PIN and it opens up. I wish we had that kind of system in the US.

Thanks

I was just told I'd get a full refund from the first seller. Went over to Goldspot and caught that deal. My head feels a little better...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

caribbean_skye (March 25th, 2015), cwent2 (March 25th, 2015), gwgtaylor (March 26th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (March 25th, 2015)

Thanks

I was just told I'd get a full refund from the first seller. Went over to Goldspot and caught that deal. My head feels a little better...
    Congratulations,

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (March 25th, 2015)