Thread: Sheaffer Balance Junior. Carmine Celluloid.

Thanks

Default Sheaffer Balance Junior. Carmine Celluloid.

Finding pens everywhere while I continue to pursue the Big Sort in the apartment.

So, the cheapest of the 1930s Sheaffer Balance, the $2.75 Junior. All plastic colors were fitted with chrome-plated trim.

Looks good in Carmine.

regards

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

Aleks (December 23rd, 2014), Jeph (December 23rd, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: Sheaffer Balance Junior. Carmine Celluloid.

Lovely pen. And that's the cheapest end of the range! Really shows what a classic the Sheaffer Balance was.

I keep looking for a carmine or roseglow but meanwhile my collection of green Sheaffer balances is growing apace! Do we have any statistics or even good guesses on roughly how many of each colour were produced? Oddly I enough, I almost never see black.in the wild although it's usually by far the commonest pen colour. (Were they all beaten to death by their users?)

Thanks

Default Re: Sheaffer Balance Junior. Carmine Celluloid.

Yep.

The cheapest of the Balance line shared most Balance manufacturing features with the highest line pens. The nib is a bit small and thin, but same celluloid, lever mechanism, clip insertion, imprint.

regards

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy