Thread: The Frank Purdue approach to Sheaffer buying. "Parts is Parts".

Thanks

Default The Frank Purdue approach to Sheaffer buying. "Parts is Parts".

How did those Frank Purdue chicken ads start, "Parts is Parts"?

So, I'm engaged in the Great Sorting of the pen room, loading sales stock, restored material not yet on website, oodles of pens to go for restoration, parts and more. The new 3000-5000 pen cabinet (itself a thread for another day) is taking up boxes and scraps from all over the pen room. Found a box full of Sheaffer Balances and 1940s pens. These are not parts from various failed purchases, but was a single collection grabbed years ago. I'd harvested a few gems. Many of the remainders here have moderate wear, names in barrels, some fatal defects, but many are at least so-so and salvageable. There are grand parts of course, which is why I'd bought the several dozen epns. In truth, I'd wholly forgotten about this lot, reflecting I suppose why the pen room needs a major purging. Makes a pretty photo at least.

So much yet to organize.

-d
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

Jeph (December 24th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: The Frank Purdue approach to Sheaffer buying. "Parts is Parts".

Should be good for a parts lot/bin at next month's Philly Show! No major parts people there for the most part......

Frank
    "When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !