Thread: Pen Values

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Default Waterman 0512 1/2 PSF

I have a 1915/18 Waterman 512 1/2 PSF with a solid 14k overlay on the barrel and cap. It is a little dinged up but being that I am learning jewelry making it can be easily repaired. It is also missing the clip which after contacting FP hospital would cost around $125 to replace with an original clip.

In researching the pen I don't seem to be finding this specific pen but find a lot of this pen with filigree and other designs on the barrel.

I was wondering if anyone might have any clue as to the approximate value of the pen with and without the clip. Being that the overlay is solid 14k I know it's going to at least have some decent value from the gold content alone. Depending on its value it is one pen I might consider getting rid of to obtain another pen I would like.

And who whoever suggested the faint model number and company imprint on the hard rubber on the end of the barrel was not worn but clogged with decades of gunk, thank you. I took a dry cloth and just merely rubbed for a few seconds and the imprint is much more visible. Still worn but I see words, dates, and part of words and model numbers I did not see before.

EDIT- I have recently found different versions of this pen with different engravings. I noticed a couple of them have 14k and Waterman ideal on the lip of the pen cap. Mine only has 14k stamped on it. I assume the main difference is the year of production?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RayCornett; January 22nd, 2015 at 03:11 AM.