Thread: Ink Review: Diamine Midnight

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,518 Times in 4,023 Posts

Default Ink Review: Diamine Midnight

I have decided to review some of my inks. These aren't necessarily in any particular order.

I wanted to review Twilight and Midnight consecutively to see their differences or similarities.

This one is Diamine Midnight. I would call it a dark blue ink. It leans more towards the blue-red portion of the colour spectrum than Twilight and Prussian Blue. It's quite similar to Tchaikovsky although it seems to contain slightly less red, and is lighter than Regency Blue

It's a well behaved, saturated ink with not much shading. I found it flowed smoothly across the page, and had no problems with lubrication in the Pilot Custom 74 M nib pen I used.

This ink exhibits showthrough and a little bleedthrough on my thick paper, so I tried it on Rhodia dot pad paper. Showthrough and bleedthrough are both noticeable.

• The water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink.
    • Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib used at that time was a M, this ink took 16-18 secs to dry.
    • It flows through the pen well and lubricates the nib well. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and comparisons with other inks.
    • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic refill bottles or cartridges.
    • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
    • It's a reasonable price

Diamine Midnight.jpg
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 16th, 2023 at 10:25 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

da vinci (June 10th, 2015), Jeph (June 9th, 2015), Laura N (June 9th, 2015), Marsilius (June 9th, 2015), Neo (June 9th, 2015), rpsyed (June 9th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (January 21st, 2023), top pen (June 9th, 2015), welch (June 9th, 2015)