Thread: How do you carry your everyday pens?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default How do you carry your everyday pens?

Hey All,

I didn't find a thread like this, so if one exists, please feel free to move this there.

So for those who carry their fountain pens around out and about--commuting to work, to write or draw at the coffee shop or on location, etc.--what do you put your pens in for travel?

I'll happily lead off with my creation. This is modified from a pencil roll idea I saw on Instructables, as a couple of my items are a little wider than a typical colored pencil. Here it is:

Usually my Jinhao is where the red mechanical pencil is, but I put it in storage after grinding the 0.3mm Preppy and the 0.5mm Plaisir into left oblique stubs. As you can see, I like having some options.

The cord has sliding knots to hold the whole thing closed when it's rolled up, which is nicely flexible for adding extras, like the wedge at the bottom (perfect for keeping your wobbly café table stable).

Would love to see what you use! Thanks in advance,
    Jack
    Last edited by JackdeSpadas; September 13th, 2015 at 09:37 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JackdeSpadas For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (January 7th, 2017), BrynRedbeard (January 1st, 2017), Crazyorange (September 14th, 2015), DPWilkens (November 19th, 2016), earthdawn (September 14th, 2015), Escaliba (August 30th, 2016), Haefennasiel (September 14th, 2015), Marsilius (November 3rd, 2015), VertOlive (September 14th, 2015)