Thread: Coloring For Grown-ups, anyone?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,503 Times in 1,754 Posts

Default Coloring For Grown-ups, anyone?

As with the washi tape craze, I am way behind on coloring books. Pen pals had been mentioning them forever, so finally a light bulb went off in my poor excuse for a brain, and I hopped on the coloring bandwagon.

I have five coloring books, and I haven't touched a one until recently.

Well...I HAD four. Last week we had to run to the dollar store for some cheap plastic garden planters, and at the checkout line I noticed they had coloring books. Hey! A buck! It's got flowers in it! Okay!

Funny how I'm almost afraid to start in on the expensive ones (like that one with the fancy seahorse!) but with the dollar book and my cheapest (aka 'worst') colored pencils I just jumped right in.

What is that about me?

But at least now the ice is broken. In the interests of Science, I ordered a couple of other inexpensive pencil sets (that's right; saving my Prismacolors for the 'seahorse' book).

Immediately took on a second coloring book, this time with a mix of markers and pencil. Can you tell which is which?

These are the designs I favor: simple, lots of white space. And made of flowers.

One thing I learned: heavy pressure with pencils caused a sort of carbon paper effect on the back side and next page of the dollar store book. I've now inserted a piece of paper in between the pages and hope it will prevent that.

Do you color? And with what, on what?

I had fun re-arranging both my pencils and my markers. By the way, my 'worst' colored pencils are being sent to the cornfield.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (June 25th, 2016), frmamede (December 26th, 2016), KKay (February 22nd, 2017), Marsilius (December 26th, 2016), Pterodactylus (June 25th, 2016), rgperedo (July 10th, 2016), sweetnightingale (December 31st, 2016), VertOlive (December 25th, 2016)