Thread: dating the Parker Sonnet.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default dating the Parker Sonnet.

I assumed there'd be adequate information on this subject here, but nothing came up in a quick search........... but if I have that wrong, then the Mods. can delete I'm sure - no problem. The model is common enough and has been around for over twenty years with some very choice individual examples in gold plate and sterling finishes - none of which I have, yet.
    It was just the fact that these things can be dated, by their code, that made me think there might be some interest for folk who might have the odd pen but not be aware of the date coding - so have added picture of my few - plus the very useful data from Tony Fishier's amazing site - and as always thanks to Tony for making this available. Quite likely most collectors already have this information.
    That's not to say other sites don't have something similar, but you do also get the marvellous pix of Sonnets on this one.... http://parkercollector.com/codekey.html

the code is found either on the cap band, or in that location when you have a bandless cap - and as far as I'm aware all are made in France. Hope of some interest.

IIRC, from images on the Penography site, my picture shows from l. to r. ...........
    Solid Black Laque
    Deep Blue Laque
    Matte Black
    Flighter
    Premier Deep Blue Laque (I think)

Let me know if I have my id wrong - thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images