Thread: Adventures in calligraphy, aka Shugpug learns "pretty"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Adventures in calligraphy, aka Shugpug learns "pretty"

I said in my intro post that I wanted to improve my fairly dreadful penmanship - time's gone on, and now it's time to put my money where my mouth is!

I've decided on the fairly loose cursive course on loopsandtails.com - so dived in with the initial exercises and "A" on today's lunch break ("a" to follow tomorrow). I'm going to use my every day broad nib (nail) to learn, then once I've got it to a standard I'm happy with, add flex or brush pens.

I also had something of a brainwave over dinner - Mrs Shugpug suggested I wrote out practices, once I get there, of A B, A B C, etc as time goes on to make sure I don't forget the earlier letters. Whilst this makes perfect sense, I doubted that the frequency of letters was an inverse correlation to their position in the alphabet! A quick Google later, and it turns out (unsurprisingly) that I was not the first to have had this thought. Samuel Morse got there by a considerable margin, but I'm happy to take his data set and adopt it for my purposes! When I have learnt A and a, I shall go on to E and e, then T and t and so on!

Photos will follow, when I've got more to show you than, A...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShugPug For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (November 22nd, 2017), Amanda (August 29th, 2017), Marsilius (November 11th, 2017)