Thread: BE THE SEVEN

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

Default BE THE SEVEN

Our own VertOlive made her signature: BE THE SEVEN.
    So I'm borrowing her signature for the title of this thread

The idea behind BE THE SEVEN was this post in Daniel (dfo)'s open letter thread.

For which I am glad that he started it because it may very well be the turning point where enough of us said finally:"Enough of this rudderless -- and slowly sinking -- ship and let's make something good out of it again"

THE SEVEN does not mean there can only be seven people involved (boy that would be a sad ending to this). Rather, THE SEVEN refers to the number of days in our calendar.

So here is the invitation:

1. Pick a day out of seven that you're most likely to spend 5-10 minutes on FPGeeks.

2. On that day that you adopted, spend 5-10 minutes to either: Create a new thread, Ask questions, Praise someone's taste in pens, Revive a relevant old thread, Comment to an existing thread with more than just "Thank you" button.

3. If you have more time that day, do more, if you don't, don't. No pressure, just a consistent small effort multiplied by the faith in others who are like-minded.

That's it!

If enough of us adopt different days, the result is new thread or new posts to read everyday. And if this snowballs into a real momentum, FPGeeks won't be a quiet little village by the sea for much longer. Then we'll tackle different kind of headache, I'm sure

As a bonus, if this BE THE SEVEN initiative works, all those posting For Sale ads (myself included) can knock themselves out trying to compete for attention against good and alive discussions.

NOTE: You may comment to this thread by telling us which day have you adopted. Just to make sure that we have enough people to cover all 7 days.

Let's stop the don't-care-attitude and the complaining, and as Captain Picard would say: "Make it so!"

Last edited by penwash; November 1st, 2017 at 09:50 AM.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Amanda (November 1st, 2017), AzJon (November 1st, 2017), carlos.q (November 1st, 2017), countrydirt (November 4th, 2017), dfo (November 9th, 2017), Hawk (November 2nd, 2017), Jon Szanto (November 1st, 2017), Lady Onogaro (November 1st, 2017), Marsilius (November 3rd, 2017), MY63 (November 3rd, 2017), top pen (November 11th, 2017), VertOlive (November 1st, 2017), Woody (November 21st, 2017)