Thread: TWSBI Precision - First Impression

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default TWSBI Precision - First Impression

I saw the TWSBI Precision and decided I had to have it. I ordered it direct from TWSBI last Thursday and received it yesterday. I inked it up with a blue Hero ink and started using it right away.

I was afraid that I would find the design to be Stark or industrial with many sharp angles and drastic differences in size between the components and that it would be heavy. That's what I expected from reading people's impressions from the pre-sale photos on Goulet and other outlets.

I can tell you that I was worried for no reason. I don't find the pen to be heavy or sharp or ugly. I like it very much. It is very comfortable in my hand and I don't even notice the "step down" from the barrel to the grip. I really like the 1.1 mm nib. This seems to be the smoothest TWSBI nib I've used and I have 4 other 540s and 580s.

I weighed the pen. My scale shows 36 grams capped and 25 uncapped. My yellow Safari is 22 grams capped and 14 uncapped. The Monteverde Tool is 51 grams. I never post any of my pens when writing, so posting ability will never be tested by me.

Anyhoo, my first impression is very positive. Here are some pics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by countrydirt; April 24th, 2018 at 03:54 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to countrydirt For This Useful Post:

da vinci (April 25th, 2018), Dragonmaster Lou (April 25th, 2018), Pterodactylus (April 25th, 2018), Robert (April 24th, 2018), SaoDavi (April 24th, 2018)