Thread: Water resistance, how important to you?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Water resistance, how important to you?

So I have come to the point where I won’t ink my pens with inks that don’t at least have some water resistance, enough to survive a surprise rain shower outdoors, or a spill at the table. And I’ve gotten to where now I won’t even buy inks that don’t have a measure of water resistance, and I aim for those that are permanent, archival, and waterproof. Something about the joy of writing seems deminished for me knowing all it takes is a quick splash or drop of liquid to destroy my thoughts and feelings so beautifully laid down onto paper. Even worse, if the notes are about my health (which I try to monitor via journaling) or school, I find their destruction to be all the more terrible. Maybe I’m a bit anal about it, and it rules out lots of wonderful brands and colors, Diamine, J. Herbin, Colorverse, Robert Oster, and the list goes on. I’m restricted to a few brands and lines of inks that at least show some water resistance. So how do the rest of you feel about this, does it (water resistance/permanence) matter to you? How permanent do you need your inks if you need them so? Why? What role does balancing ink behavior and maintenance play on your choices? What brands do you find to be water resistant that I haven’t possibly thought about?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gobblecup For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (May 7th, 2018), KKay (May 5th, 2018)