I want to dip my toes into the Montblanc pool for the first time. Not the fountain pen pool (yet), but the ballpoint/rollerball pool. My inquiry has two parts. First, I would like some suggestions as to which pen(s) I should get. The pens that are at the top of my list are the LeGrand ballpoint, Starwalker Midnight fineliner and M Ultra Black ballpoint. (My ideal would probably be the JFK special edition, but the price is too high for me.) The classique is out as I think it is just too narrow for my taste. I like pens with a little more girth. My favorite fountain pen is a Pilot Custom 823. I also like the feel of my Lamy 2k and Karas Kustoms Ink. So that gives you an idea of the size of pen that fits good in my hand. So which of the Montblancs would you recommend based on that?

Secondly, I would like to try the used market. I'm not a collector. I'm looking for a daily writer. I would like a more affordable entry to the Monblanc pool than paying full retail. Maybe I can get both a ballpoint and rollerball if I go the used route. I'm a little leery of eBay as I don't know enough to spot a fake. Are there any reputable eBay dealers you can recommend? Anyone on here have a used variety of the pens on my list?

I appreciate any recommendations. Thanks for your time.