Thread: Misaligned tines on Pelikans

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Default Re: Misaligned tines on Pelikans

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval View Post
    Oh dear, we have touched a raw nerve haven't we. I would hazard a guess though that 5 different nibmiesters are more credible than someone who is fanatical about Pelikans.

When you've calmed down enough to think rationally, you'll notice that we're talking about modern Pelikans, not ones that are 70 years old. The fountain pen market and manufacture has changed a lot since then, but then some people prefer to live in the past.
    Question:
    Do you mean me with „someone who is fanatical about Pelikans“?

I guess yes...
    Interesting, just because I shared my experience with Pelikan I‘m a fanatical Pelikan fanboy in your eyes.

I ensure you I don‘t have to calm down, and I‘m not a fanatical fanboy.

I just value the in my eyes top notch quality of their products (in my first person experience).

I value also other brands with excellent products....(e.g. I love also Montblanc products, but not for status reasons, just for their quality)

What I for sure never experienced is „mediocre“ overall quality of Pelikan piston fillers, the Pelikan quality of materials and manufacturing is for sure top notch.

If you claim something like this than please prove it with several examples of first person experience, not just claim it or justify it afterwards with a: Mr A,B,C,T has told me....

There are many other brands where the mediocre attribute might fit, but imho for sure not for Pelikan.

Did you read my post at all?

I guess not, I talked about modern Pelikans not vintage ones.

So the market and the pens changed a lot, and if I value 50s Pelikan pens then I live in the past, interesting.

Somehow I begin to question your reputation and experience level, sorry for that.....

I mentioned the vintage Pelikans as they have the same nib unit as the modern ones, they are even interchangeable.
    A design which has proven it‘s value for many decades and which is still up to date (and many other manufacturers still have nothing comparable with respect to maintainability, quality, durability and smartness).

To illustrate and question your claim that the Pelikan nib units are crap, a design which is successful on the market for many decades, where even many of the oldest ones are still in use and operable.

Nothing to do with your claims, but please tell me in which aspect vintage Pelikan piston fillers are outdated and things of the past?
    Just because I‘m curious.

Last time I checked it, they were still up to date and miss nothing compared to modern piston fillers.

Just to mention: Top notch materials, timeless design, modern piston mechanism, up to date nib units, top notch nibs, top notch nib grinds with a great amount of different grinds available (including top notch oblique ones, offering many more nib options than modern ones (without paying a nibmeister to grind a custom one)), great maintainability, durability, good for another several lifetimes, .....

So please enlighten me, what changed in your eyes so dramatically.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

dfo (October 17th, 2018), mana (October 19th, 2018)