Hey guys,

I am new to this forum (and to quality FPs), so sorry if I am asking already answered questions, but I couldn't find anything related via the search option.

First my situation. I study law and I am learning towards my final exams in 12 month. For the preparation I have to write about 20 - 40 pages every day, for the next 12 month. For this time and for the exams I wanted to get a good fountain pen. So, right now I am using a Pilot Custom 823 medium. I love the smooth medium nib, but I tend to write smaller, so fine would have been better. Anyways, I got this one, because of the smoothness of the nib and of the ink capacity.

My Problem: The 823 is too small. I get cramps in my hands after 30 minutes and this hurts a lot.

So, I wanted to get a bigger pen, and I wanna get a Sailor KOP Profit. But I can't test it before I buy it, they are not available in Germany. I am searching for 5 days now, but no one says anything about if it is usable as a daily writer and for long writing sessions (8h+).

Question 1: Do you think that a KOP Profit is suited for 8h writing sessions - daily - or is it way too big and exhaustive for the hand ?
(Given, that I am average 186 cm tall and my hands are not out of proportion ... )

Now, I know that it has just 0.6ml of ink, but I don't mind to refill it with my Pineider Refiller (...awesome tool...) several times per day (...so much fun...) and I will use cartridges during the exams anyways.

Question 2: Isn't the whole debate about the ink capacity of the KOP at least a bit obsolete, given the existence of the Pineider Refiller now?

Now, a bit off topic. Isn't it possible to screw off the piston part of the converter and screw on a test tube with several ml as a converter modification? Didn't find anything on that. Test tubes nowadays have screw caps (no glue or something like that necessary) and come in packages of 100s, would be quite useful...

Thanks a lot and sorry if I asked utterly nonsensical and unrelated questions...