Thread: A warm hello from London!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default A warm hello from London!

Hello everyone!
    I've been a longtime lurker here, and after finally making an account last year... I continued lurking. No more! The season is cold and wet; what better weather could there be for a day inside tinkering with pens.

A little bit about me: I live in London, and graduated from university last year. Now I'm slowly finding my feet in the professional world.

I started using fountain pens at school at the age of seven, mainly using Lamy Safaris, Parker Jotters and other such pens (with the exception of a Pilot Capless given to me by my grandfather). After discovering the world of pen collecting a few years ago, I've slowly but steadily accumulated quite a range of pens.

My particular passion is in the realm of vintage German pens, in particular from Soennecken. Since I first stated collecting, I've also taught myself how to do rudimentary repairs and refurbishment though I've got a long way to go yet!

My daily writers are (in no particular order): a modern Montblanc 146, Pilot Cutom 823, Soennecken 222 and Lamy 2000

My most treasured pens are (again in no particular order): Namiki Emperor, Soennecken Präsident 1, Montblanc WE Hemingway, Celluloid Montblanc 149 and Montblanc 136.

I've been to the last two LWES, and looking forward to participating more in the community!
    Last edited by ploddysaur; November 20th, 2018 at 11:54 AM.