Please forgive me, for I have sinned. I know that the Wing Sun 601 raises some eyebrows in the pen world due to it being, let's not beat around this particular bush, a complete, well, let's say "tribute" to the Parker 51.

I bought it for a good reason - I wanted an inexpensive pen to learn basic repair techniques on. Sac replacement (not that this has happened as I found out post-purchase that it doesn't have a sac like the 51!), and nib tuning. I wanted to learn the techniques on a pen which doesn't have the issues I'm trying to fix, if that makes sense? In other words, with the replacement of the sac, if it leaked post-replacement, I didn't want to be wondering if I had an inherently-leaky pen, or if it was my fix that had failed, does that make sense?

Anyway, the other thing I wanted to do was learn how to "tune" the nib of a pen to my own needs. Having learnt that the pen I chose to re-sac has no sac, did I learn anything else from my nib-tuning? Well, yes, I did. I learned that it's harder than I thought it would be.

I started with 2000-grit, then 2500, then 5000. The first pass made a small change - the nib was a little scratchy before I started, and definitely smoother afterwards, so I pressed on. And turned the nib into a needle. Too far!

Still, it's a cheap pen, so no need to worry, right? Well, in a way, I agree with you, but this is a learning experience and so I want to make it right. It's another thing to learn - I want to replace the nib!

Has anybody done this on a 601? Any tips? And where could I buy a replacement nib? I've found a supplier in Canada, but the postage is more than I paid for the pen! Will a different nib fit, or am I restricted to the "proper" one?

Thank you for any help you are able to give