Thread: New Year pen (and paraphernalia) wish list - What's yours!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default New Year pen (and paraphernalia) wish list - What's yours!

Okay, end of the year approaches, and there's a whole new and shiny year just ahead. Has anyone else prepared a wish list for 2019?

Here is my shortlist of vintage unobtaniums, apologies for slightly blurry photo and writing (suck a bit at both).

In more detail - 'cause the Devil's in them, amirite?

Parker 51 - really liked the double jewel version, though cost is usually prohibitive, but only with one style of cap (the fancy banded version). Had one, sold it, such is life. Failing that, I really like the deep midnight blue and gold cap combination. The main problem for me with 51s is sheer range of prices. The pens are often bulletproof, so guarantees and the like are not really a selling point (to me). However, what is a decent price? I have no real ground for reference.

Eversharp Skyline - I've actually had 3 of these (sold one, gifted two), and really loved the design. Always felt it was a fragile pen, but if that was the case they wouldn't have survived this long I guess. The version I prefer is black bodied with the green striped cap. It's lush!

Sheaffer's Crest - have never seen one in the flesh. The version with the uneven length lines on the cap is very appealing. No lever fillers, just the plunger type. No idea how to find or assess one. Similar to 51s, no idea on what is a reasonable price.

Parker Duofold - everyone should have a "big red". Frankly I would be happy with red, black or the burgundy mottled type. Had one, sold it in a moment of utter stupidity. Prices are all over the place and seem to have some connection with the size of the imprints (among other things).

Waterman's 94 - had a superb example in steel quartz (from Rick Krantz). Again, sold it for a reason that eludes...well, reason! Not looking for any flex, just really liked the design (on later reflection). Haven't seen a decent example since.

Well there you have it. It is highly debatable whether any of these are seriously acquirable, but you never know. If anyone wants to help with one or two of these next year (yeah, a tremendously long shot I know) I would appreciate it.

On the paraphernalia side I have a bit of a hankering for a Nagasawa leather pen case. Perhaps I should ask Santa for that one.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; December 12th, 2018 at 04:15 AM.