Thread: Fountain Pen "Hobby" Comfort Zone...?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Default Fountain Pen "Hobby" Comfort Zone...?

So... anyone else tired of being precious with their fine fountain pens (the ones costing $150 and more, especially more, like Nakaya more)?

Sometimes, I just want to throw my Nakaya Piccolos with my Pilots (912, 92, Falcon) into a zippered cloth bag without individual slots and carry them around like cheap colored pencils. (The pencils would have little plastic caps, probably, to prevent breaking the leads. But that's it for protection.)

I have two Danitrios -- Komori and Fellowship -- and not because of their cost but because of their beauty (maki-e), I would not consider just chucking them into that zippered cloth bag.

But what if I did?!

Would you?

Carry your fine pens free-and-easy, no case, no protection outside of just making sure not to drop them?

What if they got all marked and scratched up? So what?

Right?

What are your comfort... boundaries? And, if you push them, how?

Me, I've started carrying my Nakaya Piccolo (I call this one Kurouac) sometimes out of its sleeve in my wallet/little-purse-type thing, sometimes with a Pilot 912. - bareback! It's kindv cheating, cos Kurouac has a couple teeny, tiny dings from falling to the road a couple of times -- and, because it didn't break, I was more relieved than dismayed; also, impressed that there were only teeny, tiny dings.

But I'm still not putting it bareback with my housekeys into my jacket pocket when idę spacer nocny z psem*, actually any time the words "jacket" and "housekeys" are used together in a sentence.

*I take a night walk with the dog.

P.S. If this is disjointed, sorry. I was interrupted a thousand times since I started trying to ask a simple question four hours ago. Gob Bluth: "COME ON!"
    Last edited by ethernautrix; January 9th, 2019 at 09:23 AM. Reason: See? I knew I would have to edit.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (January 9th, 2019), Chemyst (January 12th, 2019), VertOlive (January 9th, 2019)