Thread: Newbie from Pittsburgh

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Newbie from Pittsburgh

It’s an early April morning, supposedly the season has changed, but on this spring morning I’m having my AM coffee on my porch, and freezing my fingers off trying to type this Intro! Two days ago it was in the mid 60s and I was playing with my kids outside wearing shorts, yesterday snow fell, and today looks like it’s going to be another frigid one. I am so ready for consistent sun.

I am excited to have found a new outlet for this shared love of Fountain Pens. Especially as I have come to a point, where I feel that I’ve experienced and learned a lot on my own, and would like to start to expand the experience with others. My wife is so loving and supportive, but she can only fake interest for so long, and I find myself wanting to talk more and more about pens.

Pen Goals:
    I’ve amassed a few too many pens, in a relatively short period of time! So one goal I have is to find better hands for some of these pens that I don’t tend to reach for as much. Whether that’s through trades, gifts, or sales. I’d also like to learn more about vintage pens, and potentially acquire something to try out. I’ve been especially mesmerized by the rings around the Parker Vacumatic. Finally, I am intrigued by the idea of experiencing a pen show. Hopefully I will learn more about which shows are worth attending, and maybe make a connection here ahead of time, so I’m not wandering alone aimlessly in a foreign land.

If you’ve read this entire intro post, I already love you!!! I just wish I could have written this with my most recent pen acquisition - TWSBI Aurora.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spelled78 For This Useful Post:

calamus (April 1st, 2019)