Thread: Good but seldom used pens.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,599 Times in 701 Posts

Default Good but seldom used pens.

I posted this in another forum (no, not FPN), and then thought "why not here too?" But I'm writing a different text for the post, at least.

Just last night I emptied my Pelikan M205, and on a whim decided to fill the Conklin Crescent Filler that you see on the right in the below picture. Moving right to left from that pen, you see an Esterbrook Dollar Pen, Moore L-72, Waterman's 12-PSF, Eversharp Skyline, Sheaffer Flat Top, Wearever pen/pencil combo, Paramount (model name unknown) and a Platinum 3776 Century. Only the Conklin is inked.

All of these pens write very nicely, and the pencil part of the Wearever isn't bad either. But they are also very rarely used. When I'm down to just a couple of inked pens, I think about using one of these, or a number of others, but in the end I almost always use something else.

This is not a preliminary to getting rid of "extra" pens, they aren't taking up a lot of room, and any of them could be used again; the Conklin only had to wait two or three years. Some people feel that they should get rid of things which they aren't using often enough. It's a reasonable attitude, but I'm not one of those people. But the downside of having a large selection of good pens is that it may be an impractically large selection of good pens.

What pens do other people here have that haven't been used in a long time?
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaputnik For This Useful Post:

amk (May 5th, 2019), Brilliant Bill (May 5th, 2019), catbert (May 5th, 2019)