Thread: Parker 45 Flighter, nib fitting problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Parker 45 Flighter, nib fitting problem

Hello, I'm new to this community and I just introduced myself in the appropriate section.

I'm new to the fountain pens world, and in December 2018 i acquired a nice Parker 45 Flighter. Before telling you which problem I'm encountering, I would like to introduce you my cheap but good looking Parker.

The pen is a Made in England Parker 45 Flighter, the date code is "QL", so it was produced in 1980, and I received it in this Parker box:

Outer cardboard box

Inner plastic box:

If we open it, this is what we find inside, the pen is held in place by a plastic pen holder:

Lifting it, we gain access to the user's manual:

And here is the pen, I already drained 4 Parker cartridges, the seller gave me two of them with the pen. It was like new, and still looks like new:

Fitted with a medium stainless steel nib, the collar around the feeder says "M" too:

And here is the Parker converter that the seller sent me the pen with:

And now, we get to my problem, recently I acquired a Parker 14k nib, this one:

Judging the size of it, and comparing it with my medium stainless steel nib, I'd say this one is an extrafine nib.
    So what is my problem?
    Whenever I try to fit the 14K nib into the feeder, with my M collar, the fitting is a bit stiff and I have to push the collar down more than I'm used to with my M SS nib. I disassembled the pen already, and cleaned it all, but this is how the 14K nib fits:

I'm afraid that the nib point is too wide open.
    Did someone had this problem? And how do I solve it?

Thanks everyone

Bonus:
    I realized this genuine leather pouch for my pen myself, tell me if you like it:

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
    Last edited by ItsmeMario; June 1st, 2019 at 06:55 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ItsmeMario For This Useful Post:

proteus (June 2nd, 2019)