Thread: Confession

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Confession

Dear Fpgeeks community,

I have a confession to make...ever since I bought a Pilot Custom 823 with an FA nib and Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki Yo, I have not bought a single pen, nib or ink since. Not only that, I have completely stopped lusting after anything other fountain pen related and have since sold off most of my collection of inks and pens. I have not inked a pen other than the 823 since I got it last year and I feel absolutely no need to do so.

I understand that for this I shall be banished from the fpgeeks community, made outcast, made an example of, but I have to tell the truth!

The dozens of Lamys, Pelikan Souverans, Montblancs, other Pilots, Platinums, even the odd Aurora and TWSBI - all gone, sold to the highest bidder. There’s one Lamy 2000 left, which hasn’t seen the light of day in over 6 months, and when I saw the new blue Lamy 2000 announcement at nearly 400EUR I laughed out loud at the screen and said “HA! - I could get a Custom 823 with FA nib for that!”.

Guys, you don’t understand...the perfect ink flow, always ready on demand, never skips, never hard starts, never railroads...crispy, solid, wet line, no more fuzzy, washed out brush-like strokes...the flex up to ~5:1 in ratio...it was love at first sight. And the ink capacity...the ink capacity!

Oh, I still want a Sailor KoP at some point in future, but mostly just because I want to try a Sailor pen out, even though I already know I’ll hate the miniscule ink reservoir.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to adhoc For This Useful Post:

Annie (September 5th, 2019), dfo (August 14th, 2019), Empty_of_Clouds (August 10th, 2019), Lady Onogaro (August 10th, 2019), Pendragon (August 13th, 2019), TSherbs (August 11th, 2019)