Thread: Duofold, Aurora, or Sailor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Duofold, Aurora, or Sailor

Dear Members,
    This is my first post on this forum. I should like to purchase a new fountain pen. I have selected four:
    1. Parker Duofold Centennial GT Black,
    2. Parker Duofold Prestige Blue Chevron,
    3. Aurora Talentum GT Black,
    4. Sailor 1911 Large GT Black.

I am ruminating over which one I should purchase. At the moment I cannot betake myself to a shop with a view to checking what they really look like and how they feel. I have a liking for black pens adorned with gold elements. I am open to your suggestions, should there be some other pens to be recommended. The budget is $400. Which one of the aforesaid would you recommend? What about the materials employed? Is the resign of high quality? I prefer bigger and thicker pens. I should be profoundly grateful if you would expatiate upon the quality of those pens. I possess Lamy Safari, upon which I was bestowed some time ago. However, I feel that the time has come to buy a better one. I have been using Lamy Safari predominantly in my abode, but the new one will be employed at the university. I do not like Lamy too much - it is far too light and modern. I shall esteem every assistance.
    Last edited by Rutilant; December 5th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.