Thread: Marlen Appreciation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Marlen Appreciation

Any appreciation of the Marlen line? I have a great fondness for the Eclisse, despite its ungainly physiognomy. I know a lot of people point their fingers at the huge stepdown to the section, but I've never found it that uncomfortable. I remain fascinated by the off-center threading. My two are close-out acquisitions, so the opportunistic seller saw fit to remove the gold nibs and replace them with steel ones. The steel is stiff, but reasonably smooth -- not quite as smooth as the Stipula steel nibs, but a reasonable second. The Italians definitely have a handle on a good steel nib. Someday I'll replace them with gold. The resins are spectacular to my eyes. I have the Sombrero and Milky Way. Couldn't really pick between the two, although I would lean toward the Milky Way. They seem to be drying up (larf) on the aftermarket now and may be becoming a little rare. Sound off Marlen owners (especially Eclisse)!

Catching some early evening sun.
    IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG

Under flash indoors. (crappy on-camera flash that is)
    IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    No.6: “I am not a number, I am a person.”
    New No.2: “Six of one, half a dozen of another.”

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 6of1 For This Useful Post:

amk (November 24th, 2023), Bogon07 (June 16th, 2013), fountainpenkid (June 14th, 2013)