Thread: Mabie Todd Swan Leverless L206/62

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 847 Posts

Default Mabie Todd Swan Leverless L206/62

This is the Swan L206/62. It's a Leverless, the filling system unique to Swan. An internal paddle is rotated by the knurled turn-button and this compresses the sac.

The Leverless has suffered a poor reputation in recent years because people have been re-sacking it as if it were a lever filler, using too small a sac. To work efficiently the Leverless needs a sac that will fill the barrel completely. A pen of this size takes a No 20 sac; the bigger ones take a 22.

The /62 pattern is known as Wine & Silver and it's probably the most colourful celluloid in the range. There is a rich wine red, greenish silver, black and gold. Mabie Todd excelled themselves with the Leverless pens of that era.

(My apologies. My photographs do not do justice to the pattern. The colours are deeper and richer than they appear here.)
    Last edited by Deb; January 23rd, 2020 at 06:04 AM.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deb For This Useful Post:

azkid (January 23rd, 2020), Chrissy (January 24th, 2020), Cyril (September 28th, 2020), Detman101 (December 6th, 2020), FredRydr (January 23rd, 2020), Jon Szanto (September 14th, 2020)