As a young man I had an office job in Washington DC and wrote with fountain pens all the time. I used Waterman and Montblanc and fell in love with the way they write and look. Years pass, I live in Seattle WA now, and renovate houses for a living. Not an office job, but hey everyone has to write something from time to time right?

A friend of mine recently posted about the joys of fountain pens and ink, and by the time I finished reading her article I was hooked all over again. And frankly wondered why I had been away for so long. A deep search of most everything I own convinced me those two pens and I must have parted ways somewhere along the line, so off I go into a new version of the addiction.

There are some beautiful modern pens out there, but for now I’m totally enamored with the vintage pens. In my strange “I can fix that” mindset I am reading everything I can find about restoring fountain pens, and bidding on those “30 pens for $8” lots to practice on.

I’m impressed by the helpful and supportive environment here. Thanks a ton for all the help current and future. My goal – learn enough to someday help pay it back!