Thread: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Default Re: goulet and nibs.com stopped taking orders

Quote Originally Posted by azkid View Post

Of course.

Since everyone is responsible for their finances, and since most of us would be better off if more people were financially competent, public education should teach financial skills and knowledge.

With four generations of entitlement many parents have no idea of personal responsibility. It's always been handouts for sloth with no incentives to improve.
    I have no idea what this even means. Is this the old chestnut about "poor people are poor because they are lazy?" That's a load of malarkey in my experience.

In many cases public schools teach 'social justice' and its tenants of 'You Owe Me Whatever I Say You Owe Me' rather than ethics, morality, and the need for hard work to succeed.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here but regarding that last phrase, "rather than..."

My experiences have been that students are required to earn their grades. And I see only reinforcement of ethics and morality. That's how it's been for my kid, how it was for me, how my mom did it in the classroom for 30+ years and how my sister in law for several years she's taught.
    Thanks for saying so. And for me, too (I'm in my 35th year). Every class period, every day, is an exercise in ethical behavior reinforcement. And very likely the children fall short of perfect at about the same rate as their teachers and their parents do. Seems like we all have work to do.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

azkid (May 21st, 2020), Jon Szanto (May 21st, 2020), Waski_the_Squirrel (May 26th, 2020), welch (May 22nd, 2020)