Thread: The Virus and TV series binge watching

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,872 Times in 811 Posts

Default The Virus and TV series binge watching

Binge-watching, also called binge-viewing or marathon-viewing, is the practice of watching content (TV, streaming services, etcetera, etcetera) for a long time span, usually a single television show. In a survey conducted by Netflix in February 2014, 73% of people define binge-watching as "watching between 2-6 episodes of the same TV show in one sitting." Wikipedia

I usually don't binge watch TV series, mainly because I don't have that much time to watch TV. But after more than a month of "shelter at home" and partial curfews mi Hulu subscription got the best of me....

The first series for my binge watching incursion was BBC's production of "Primeval". The series is described this way: Primeval follows a secret government research team, which is tasked with investigating doorways through time and space called Anomalies which are opening and allowing deadly creatures from across Earth's distant past and future to cross into and run rampant in the present. While predicting and discovering more about the Anomalies, the team must also contain the creatures and send them back through to their time periods whenever possible..

9649044.jpg

What first surprised me was how short British series are. In this case, the annual season ran between 6 and 10 episodes. Compared to this, Battlestar Galactica ran twice at long at 13 to 20 episodes per season.

I found the series very interesting and totally enjoyable. Then again... I'm a science fiction fan with a soft spot for time travel.

During this pandemic... have you succumbed to the couch-potato adventures of binge watching? What series have you seen? What series do you recommend?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

catbert (April 22nd, 2020), welch (May 21st, 2020)