Thread: Presenting at the Lone Star Pen Club online meeting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

Default Presenting at the Lone Star Pen Club online meeting

Yesterday, I was hosted by the Lone Star Pen Club which is the place to belong for pen people in Houston, Texas, USA area, presenting "Sketching with Fountain Pens"

This is my first time presenting not about pens, but focusing on how to sketch with them. The main goal for me is to convey that sketching with fountain pens is something that everyone can pick up, develop the skills following some simple methods, and as the result, you gain a new use for your fountain pens, a cool way to journal, and possibly, a new way to see and appreciate the world around you.

It is of course online, which has its benefits but also disadvantages for not being a real-life, face-to-face meeting.

I organized the presentation around 3 points surrounding the Why's, and 5 points covering the How-to and tips, and methods. It went for 1 hour (maybe a bit more) with questions being asked interactively or by using the Chat feature (pretty cool actually).

Last but not least, I would like to publicly thank Mark Goode, the pen club president, who facilitated the meetings, as well as the members of the pen club. What a cool bunch of people who are just passionate about pens and inks.

If you live around Houston, or if you are from Houston area, consider giving them a shout. Lonestarpenclub.com is their website.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (June 22nd, 2020)