Thread: One pen per month challenge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default One pen per month challenge

Usually I have about 9-15 pens inked but lately I've found it more of a burden than fun. Is that weird or normal?

As with my wristwatch collection I've decided to settle in on one pen for a month at a time. I didn't quite get there but I'm down to two pens.

In June I pulled out a pen that had been languishing for months, my Waterman Hemisphere Sapphir Nocturne from Le Collection Privee and filled it up with some Waterman Bleu Mystère.

It's been lovely. I'm really liking the ink a lot. It's so well behaved, flows nicely, and I love the color. Dark blue but muted. Easy to clean too. Perfect for personal or work writing.

The pen has been wonderful. The only reason I haven't used it more is the narrow grip but I'm finding that less of a problem. The weight is good for me. And the pen is gorgeous. I'm always a bit happier to see and admire it.

I filled it twice so far. But I decided I would try a different pen in July--a Parker 45 in XF with Quink Black. It writes a bit smoother but flows a bit much for my tastes. I used it for several days but I'm back to the Hemisphere.

Anyway, it's been a nice change to spend less time thinking about what pen or ink to use, what needs cleaning, etc.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post:

amk (August 22nd, 2020), Chrissy (July 24th, 2020), countrydirt (July 26th, 2020), DCmin (July 25th, 2020), manoeuver (July 28th, 2020), Stands on Feet (July 25th, 2020), suzy01 (July 24th, 2020), TFarnon (October 9th, 2020)