Thread: Pelikan 800 history

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Pelikan 800 history

Good morning Pelikan authorities,

Having studied several brands & models in much more depth than the Pelikan 800, I have some questions about it. It is one of my favorite current models. Have read Rick Propas' piece in the Stylus on background and early history of the 800.

My first 800 is the traditional green & black and its band is marked with "W. - Germany". It presently has a two-chick 18C medium nib. I have spare 800 nibs and have switched nibs occasionally on them. Would it have come with a 14C nib or 18C when I purchased it around 25 or more years ago? I still have its original box and brochure showing the 8 nib options, but the brochure text doesn't specify 14C or 18C.

Also, I have read here and elsewhere, that this particular era 800 is quite appealing. What do the experts here think it's worth in trade? For eg, I have occasionally traded a pair of new 149s for a much older one. Have also worked it the other way & traded an older 149 for two newer ones. I'm curious about how much people like this era 800. This is not a sales pitch, honestly, but an attempt to gain information. If my question about a two for one trade is way off base, please attribute it to ignorance rather than greed.

Thanks for your indulgence & information.

Have a good day.

Best wishes,

Barry

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barry B. Gabay For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (August 16th, 2020), penwash (September 30th, 2021)