Thread: By golly...it worked! (Housing-air mod for flex pens)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default By golly...it worked! (Housing-air mod for flex pens)

The "housing mod" from FPNetwork works!! I couldn't find any confirmation there that anyone tried it but I figured I had nothing to lose...AND IT WORKED!

I have FULL FLEX with NO railroading and NO PRIMING!! Drained my half full converter empty in half a page...but IT WORKS!!

Now I need that stinking penbbs-456 to hurry up and get here so I can mod it work these flex parts and have a large ink reservoir flex pen!

I used my dremel bit that looks like a little orb sanding bit. I'll post a pic of it. I set the dremel on "2" speed, inserted the bit into the housing and butted the head of the bit into the hole leading from the nipple that the converter attaches to. Then I turned the dremel on and let it wear down the flat surface at the hole into a rounded surface.
    This lets the air flow through the feed easier so that the ink flow meets the demand of the user. I also went a step further and rounded off the face of the rear of the feed that butts up against the rear inner wall of the housing so that air passes by it easier. (Round corner vs sharp/flat corner)

I'll post pics of the "housing mod" from FPNetwork in the following reply to this thread.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
    "I can only improve my self, not the world."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

azkid (August 22nd, 2020), catbert (August 22nd, 2020), Ole Juul (August 22nd, 2020), Yazeh (August 22nd, 2020)