Greetings,

I just upgraded my PENBBS-456 to a proper Ebonite Feed and I'm noticing that when I open the shut off valve to get ready to use it in writing, the feed drips a drop of ink and then the pen is ready to be used. I wasn't informed this was how Ebonite Feeds worked...though I've heard mention of people having this issue. I never looked into the solution at the time as I used a cartridge-converter fountain pen.

I know it's the heat from the pen being in my pocket causing the air to expand in the closed off chamber rushing out when I open up the shut-off valve...which then forces the ink already in the feed/nib out and all over the place.

I know everything has one thing that isn't right (no pen is 100% perfect right?) but I'd like to resolve this "initial-drip" issue if at all possible. If not I will have to carry around a napkin to wipe the drool off the pen when I take it out of my pocket to use it...lol.

I don't mind inky fingers at all, I just don't want it ruining my documents or clothes....that's all.
Other than that...I LOVE THIS PEN!!! :smile:

Thanks everyone!!