Thread: Mystery Ink #30 and Mystery Ink #31

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 436 Posts

Default Mystery Ink #30 and Mystery Ink #31

Well it looks like the first set of the Mystery Ink Series traveled well under my watch. Let's try again and hope the various Postal Services smile upon us!

As with any Mystery Ink it is open to FPG veterans, n00bs, newbies, and lurkers. You volunteer, I send free ink, you write with it and post your thoughts and observations. Guessing is welcome, but not required. There is nothing to "win" aside from perhaps personal satisfaction that you recognized it. No guess is confirmed until the mystery ink is finally revealed. The point of the mystery ink threads is an unbiased review. Fear not about the quality of your handwriting or sketching abilities. We don't care. We are all appreciative of those with the gift of artistic ability, but how well you draw or write doesn't impact your ability to test an ink and provide your opinion on it.

I will act as the Procurer, Packer, and Post Office Porter. This ink flight will consist of 1 packet containing 2 inks, each vial filled with 3mls of Mystery Ink labeled MI-30 and MI-31. There will be 10 packets available and only 2 of the packets will be for overseas participants due to the high cost of postage ( US$14.50/each ). If you are international, please let me know.

The inks in this ink flight are dye based, not pigmented, no shimmer and not iron gall. I don’t use any of the Noodler’s Bay State inks, so there won’t be any in the ink flights I send out.

Post below if you would like to volunteer to receive a free ink flight. I'll leave this open until 12 Noon PDT Thursday September 17th. International packets will post on Saturday September 19th and US packets will post on Wednesday September 23rd.

Covid-19 Precautions -- For everyone's safety, ink samples will be prepared using a face mask and gloves. Ink Packets will be put together with a face mask and freshly washed hands. ( Sorry, but it's impossible to use sticky tape with gloves on... )

Note: A sample ink packet was sent to an fpgeek member in the middle of the EU in early August to determine how long it would take to travel. Travel time was 13 calendar days, and travel to Great Britain and Canada was 8 to 10 calendar days. Current (September) travel times will vary.

Until then, stay Safe and Healthy.
    All the Best.
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 9th, 2020), FredRydr (September 9th, 2020), grainweevil (September 10th, 2020), Pterodactylus (September 9th, 2020), SlowMovingTarget (September 10th, 2020), suzy01 (September 9th, 2020)