Thread: Help on picking first gold nib Pelikan?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Re: Help on picking first gold nib Pelikan?

It's going great!

The pen wasn't NOS but it is in quite good shape. Someone took good care of it.

The nib had some issues with upstrokes (it was showing a user-unique wear pattern, I believe) but I have it writing really nicely now and it flows nicely with Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black which is such a well-behaved ink.

The pen is really enjoyable to write with and feels really satisfying to hold, though I've been trying to use up remaining ink in a couple other pens so I haven't been using it as much as I'd like. It is next in the rotation, however and I look forward to it.

The feedback is very unusual compared to many pens. I think someone here mentioned they feel like a thick pencil lead on paper. That's spot on. I really don't have any other pens I can think of with this sort of feedback. It is somehow smooth yet controlled.

Only downside is the cap top (finial? Tassie?) is cracked in a couple of spots. I have bent the clip out relieving pressure on it so it at least stays put. I may see about getting one in better shape. It would be nice to be able to clip this in a shirt pocket since it is such a perfect compact length.

Very happy I took the plunge. Thanks again everyone!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post:

amk (November 14th, 2020), carlos.q (November 14th, 2020), welch (February 7th, 2021), Yazeh (November 26th, 2020)