Thread: Jinhao Chainmail

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Jinhao Chainmail

I got a Jinhao Chainmail style fountain pen this week! It's supposed to look like a Parker Sonnet Ciselé. I'm new with pens so I don't have one of those This pen is heavy (too heavy posted), real metal, and the design is very "grippy" which I enjoy. It was $16 so I figured what's the harm. I wanted to see how it compares to my Pelikan M205 & Sheaffer Vintage (M). This Jinhao is F. Normally I find F too scratchy, but I'm experimenting. I inked it up with my new Pelikan 4001 Violet. Lovely formula, but I was warned of it's dryness. This ink was not right for the nib. It did not flow well at all, was scratchy, skipping, etc. I thought maybe the pen was defective (I hadn't made the dry-ink connection yet.) Today I put Sailor Kiwa-Guro (black) in it. Now it's writing perfectly!! I can't believe it. It's smooth and even, writing just as comfortably as my other pens. Even being an F nib! I'm glad I purchased this pen. I wanted something less expensive to take to school (when it goes back on campus one day) and this will be perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CrayonAngelss For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ahriman4891 (December 23rd, 2020), azkid (December 18th, 2020), Detman101 (December 19th, 2020), digitalsedition (December 30th, 2020), FredRydr (December 16th, 2020), Jon Szanto (December 16th, 2020), manoeuver (December 16th, 2020), NumberSix (December 30th, 2020), Sailor Kenshin (December 16th, 2020), Stands on Feet (December 30th, 2020), Yazeh (December 16th, 2020)