Thread: Modern Kaweco DIA2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Modern Kaweco DIA2

Just a quick note - the gold trim variation of the Kaweco DIA2 has been on "blow out" pricing on Amazon and eBay for a couple of weeks now (mine was about half price of usual). If you buy one, be sure to order a converter separately, and if you are in doubt as to nib width, go up a size. The medium nib on mine is a nice, smooth fine/medium. The fine would have been too fine for me. It runs a little narrower than an equally marked Pelikan nib, from what I can see (I use a "fine" in the M200 and M400 series). My Kaweco DIA2 came with a nice little case, one cartridge of ink, and the usual little paperwork. It did not come with the converter (which just arrived now as well). The nib has a ball tip, and it's a firm, smooth writer. The base material of the section is metal, so it has a little heft, but it's not uncomfortable to write with. I think it's a decent buy at $70 or so, though I think $130 is steep for it. If you're up in that range, I'd look at the Pelikan M200 and related series.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ray-VIgo For This Useful Post:

Kaputnik (January 7th, 2021), Malcolm (January 14th, 2021), TFarnon (December 31st, 2020), vdiantonio (May 6th, 2021)