Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
Quote Originally Posted by welch View Post
Here are the people who took the Capitol this week, and why. They believe every lie that the Trump Media -- he calls them that -- have spit into cyber-space. They have no grip on reality, on logic, on evidence. They are oblivious. This guy is the retired airforce officer who went into the Capitol with a fist-full of nylon handcuffs. Did he intend to kidnap a senator or representative?

Tell me again how we can cure psychosis by explaining reality to them?

Come on dneal. Explain again why they are "middle america" but I am not?

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...NpmgYlkWyP7c6s
You aren't interested in an explanation, and would ignore any given; so why should I bother?

What's really funny is that a New Yorker wants a middle American to explain why a New Yorker is not a middle American. So let me just turn that around. Please explain why I'm not a New Yorker just because I live in middle America?
Ridiculous that you claim to know "middle america" and that you define it. Just as Trump's neo-nazis declare that any vote for Joe Biden is a fraudulent vote because, because, because, well, it just is.

What makes you, dneal, the person who defines "middle america"? Do you really mean to say that a Real Amurican is someone who believes only what Trump tells him? That there is no observable reality, that humans cannot or should not try to find our way toward some sort of truith? That has been your argument, twisted and "post-modernist", that every neo-nazi fantasy should be taken as seriously even after it cannot be proven. You had all the court cases, all the evidence, all the shameful admissions by Trump lawyers that they had no claims of fraud, yet you repeat again and again that there must be something. Your pseudo evidence reduces itself to crazy people talking to pro-trump legislators at information sessions where, for instance, the Republican legislators refused even to force "witnesses" to swear to tell the truth.

We all remember the drunken woman who rambled pn even as Rudy Giuliani tried to get her to shut up.

You tell us that "voters" -- meaning you -- will never believe that votes were counted honestly. No matter what. The world must bend to your and their fantasy. Georgia election workers stole the election, you claim. The Georgia Secretary of State's staff and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation counted the votes three times. The GBI compared voter signatures. The voting result matched what polling agencies predicted...tossup. Yet hundreds of thousand of votes were stolen.

You claim, most recently, a string of random Real Bad Things, but neglect to provide a reference to anything. Al;l sound like the same complaints that have been evaluated in courts and dismissed. Over and over. The same ones that an Attorney General of Texas attached to the end of his suit, his downright bizarre suit, against Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. The Texas AG did not bother to mention where these claims had been considered and what had been decided. The Supreme Court sniffed and dismissed the main legal argument from Texas, and did not need to bother re-hearing all the specific claims. Yet you drag it up, as if Roberts Court somehow cheated the American people by not, for the fiftieth time, examining how an electronic voting machine works.

Trump lost. Lost the election and lost sixty lawsuits based on nothing more than his temper-tantrum claims that "I had big rallies". Tough.