Thread: Snorkel conical nib and feed, with Aurora blue ink

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,446 Times in 2,524 Posts

Default Snorkel conical nib and feed, with Aurora blue ink

So, after I restored a Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman EF with all the bells and whistles including PVC sac and o-ring, everything worked...except I was frustrated by the lack of ink flow from tip to paper. I checked all the points, including those esoteric Snorkel details like snorkel tube slit position. I disassembled and re-cleaned the front end and the snorkel tube a couple of times. Oh, it even gave a couple of good squirts when ejecting a fill; Shemp Howard would've been proud. I spent more than enough time tweaking the tines, and cleaning the slit and mating surface between feed and nib. Lastly, I switched from Waterman blue to Aurora blue because the latter always seemed "wet" to me. But no improvement. I cursed the thing and set it full in my pen rack with no plan in mind, but convinced this was more proof that Snorkel pens are ridiculous.

Hours later, I return to attack the problem. It writes beautifully! Did feed and nib come to a reconciliation through mediation by Aurora? I don't have an answer, but I'm not complaining.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Barry B. Gabay (March 19th, 2021), CrayonAngelss (March 14th, 2021), Cyril (July 8th, 2021), da vinci (March 16th, 2021), Jon Szanto (March 14th, 2021), manoeuver (March 17th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (March 15th, 2021), welch (March 27th, 2021), Yazeh (March 14th, 2021)